Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hype Up concert at Jurong Point!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GERALD CHAN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ZACK

Wowwee I cant believe that a citizen of the North-East region like me is crazy enough to take a train all the way to the extreme West Coast so early in the morning... from Hougang to Boon Lay to attend the Hype Up roadshow!! So yeah, that's all i need to break free from the dreaded Idol Withdrawal Syndrome. Indeed it was great to see Paul, Jasmine, Hady and Jonathan again. And indeed there were loud screams for the first Singapore Idol himself, Taufik Batisah. And even better was seeing fans like Kai Leng, Calvin, Gerald, Hoonie, Joyce, Valerie, Zahirah and of course, the ultimate Hady fan Anthony. I was very surprised to see Syazali aka The Source there too (as much the other night when I saw the 6 Idols at Ngee Ann City)... never thot he would indeed be part of the frenzy to support Taufik. I haf seen Olinda, Sly and Taufik 3 times upclose each... this was the first time I got their autographs :-)
Daphne sure recognised me from the few times I had seen her at the studio and outdoors...Olinda, tho much slimmer than before, looked a little proud (much like Rahimah)... Sly looked totally off-form wif his sulky face (boy, he sure looked sick wif his super skinny frame. I can somehow tell that he is indeed wearing size-25 jeans); I think he's really uncomfortable wif standing next to the much more talented Jonathan. Thank goodness then that Sly did not do that point-and-wink thingy once (it seems he's the only Wildcard contestant among the 8 involved in the Hype Up concert). Indeed Paul tried to kiss my hand again, but I wouldnt let him do it... still, it was good to haf chatted wif Jasmine's dad and Paul's mum midway thru this moment of sheer excitement. Yet I couldnt bear to part from the place wif Calvin, Gerald and Hoonie after the Idols had left... but yeah I just cant wait for 24th of October to come ^_^
And Jasmine really so nice... she pointed at me when many of us raised our hands to answer a question: "State the number of Idols involved in Hype Up."At first i was stunned that Jasmine would point at me (esp since Im at the front of the queue), and I got back to my senses when Daniel waved to me and asked me to shout out the answer. So I shouted the question: "Eight!!" and I got a Starhub goody bag!! Later I gave away one of the two Sparky plush dogs from the goody bag to Hoonie... lol she looked so kawaii when she played wif the doggie wif her eyes so big and her pouty lips!! :-p
Oh, and Joan (Jasmine's sister) was very cute xiah... when she saw the pics of Jasmine in the photos taken at Ngee Ann City, she kept saying "She's so pretty!!"... lol Jasmine is her sister leh!!!
Joan (looking at pic of the 6 Idols seated): So pretty!!
Me (looking puzzled): Yeah, indeed she is...
Joan (looking at pic of 6 Idols wif Joe Augustin and family): Papa, she so pretty leh!!
Me (abt to laugh): Of course mah, she's your sister!!
Joan (looking at pic of 6 Idols and myself): Very pretty!!
Me (blushing): You're also pretty.
Joan: Oh thank you... you're sweet!!
Me: Heh, you're most welcome. :-)















2 comments:

huda said...

nice pictures...

[ant;mz;bt] said...

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the pix!! Nice to meet u after quite a while. Hope to see you at the HapyHadys forum soon! :)

Regards,
Anthony