Saturday, October 07, 2006

My messages to the Final 12...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHIA AIK LIN, JEFF WANG AND SHAWN ASHMORE (Iceman)

Whew... finally done with that tiring entry on the semi-finalists, I can breathe easy now. Now my next thank-you entry will be on the Final 12 and the amazing fellow Idol supporters I had met so far. I felt like Im cheapening myself a little... taking up more than a week to finish this extremely difficult entry, thinking up of my own blogging style in order to avoid being dubbed as the next Jacintha (no pun intended).

Norman Then
Hey there, it was really great to meet up wif u for the very first time at the Wildcard roadshow at Tampines Mall, as well as during the Final 11 Spectaculars Performance show. So nice to haf seen u outside the Indoor Stadium last Monday prior to the results show. I was indeed greatly moved by your rendition of "Angel". Not much of a surprise that u recognized me on both the President's Star Charity event as well as before the Final Showdown results show (esp since we both knew each other thru Friendster, hehe!). And Im really happy to hear that you would be taking up singing lessons... wishing u all the best, and dare to dream!! God bless u always :-)

Gayle Nerva

One of a few contestants whom i share a strong bond wif. I was really happy to haf known u for the very first time and equally happy to haf taken picture wif u at the Wildcard roadshow at Tampines Mall back in late June in spite of the overwhelming crowd there. I know I should haf joined the fanclub much earlier, but still I didnt regret joining it. Indeed I was jumping wif joy on 29th June after I heard from my friends that you were one of the 4 contestants to make it to the Final 12. And yes, I was feeling VERY HIGH after what u did to me and most of the fans (wink wink) at the official magazine-signing session at Bishan Junction 8 on 9th July. My only lasting regret was not being able to take leave on that fateful Thursday (20th July) when you got eliminated... u know for sure how most of us cried buckets of tears (be it in the theater or at home) after your exit. Yet I told myself I had to move on and support the remaining Idols there. And words just aren't enough to describe how happy I was to see u again one month later at the Mediacorp ground level minutes before the Final 5 Spectaculars. You're such a caring and forgiving person... I don't mind what you were in the past, I still accept you for who you are right now. You're like a younger sister to me and the other Gayle-lites... lotsa hugs and kisses!! Stay sweet and pretty always!! Take care and God bless :-)

Emilee Kang
Ah yes, another contestant with whom I share a very strong connection to... you're like the older sister I never had, Em (dont u all think so?). I was so blessed to haf known u for the very first time at the roadshow at Wisma Atria back on 17th June. And I was indeed surprised yet delighted when your name was being announced at the results show for the last Piano show (tho I also like Meryl)... indeed I laughed to my heart's content upon seeing your reaction after Gurmit announced your name. Yep indeed u deserved your spot among the Final 12, esp for a not-so-young woman like u... and I still like u in spite of your vibrato in your Piano song and your first Spectacular song. Im truly impressed by your strong personality and positive attitude (braving thru all that negative comments made by those immature netizens in the MCS forums)... I haf aboslutely no regrets rooting for u and even hugging you, tho Im not exactly from your fan club (yep, I managed to catch one of the posters u threw at the Lime *Scape charity event on 22nd July). I thot your Jazz performance (Making Whoopee) was the best to date. Yet I was quite sad that u had to go the very night (wonder why my brother doesnt like u or Jasmine tho)... still Im glad that u made it this far. And yep, indeed I was very happy to see u at the reception area after the President's Star Charity event, and your signing on my school textbook really made my day!! I was indeed happy to haf seen u at the last few Spectaculars as it neared the Finals. Good luck in your future endeavors... stay happy and beautiful always!! I love you plenty :-)

Jay Lim
Im really happy to haf seen u for the first time at Tampines Mall... and even more so the week after when I heard that u had advanced to the Final 12 (tho I thot it was rather unnecessary for u to break down, esp while u sang "Solitaire"). Indeed your rendition of "If You're Not the One" displayed your vocal control at its best... esp when u sang in that really convincing falsetto at the end of the chorus. Your tryout at "Supreme" was an appaludable effort, tho u got eliminated soon after. Still, I was happy to haf gotten your autograph and taken pic wif u outside Mount Emily hangout tho so few of your fans had turned up on that day. Thanks so much for the hug you gave me after the PSC event at the reception area... and your performance in the Final Showdown Results show was a big surprise to all of us... you look so cool wif your new hairdo. You're such a nice and easy-going guy... truly an inspiration to all of us youngsters. :-)

Rahimah Rahim
I had no regrets rooting for u at the Spectaculars and hugging u during some of the roadshows tho Im not really a strong supporter of u. You surprised everyone in the very first Spectaculars with "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" (and in an elegant attire too), tho my brother thot u sounded a little drunk. However during the meet-the-Idols session at Mount Emily hangout on late July, something told me that I shouldn't sign up with your fanclub, and indeed my worst fears had come true when that so-called fan of yours (an ardent supporter of you some more!!!) turned against you by closing down the fansite he had created for you on your birthday. Why he did that, I can never understand (I had since severed all connections wif him, for he doesn't know the true meaning of unconditional love), but I never blamed you for that, for I still love you for who you are. So what if people think that you're fake or angsty? I think you're really adorable and beautiful, willing to change for everyone and your own self, and indeed I agree that you're like a teddy bear that doesnt mind being cuddled all the time. Wish ya the best in your studies at TP :-)

Mathilda D'Silva
First time I saw u was at Wisma Atria of course... indeed it was great to see u again at a few more roadshows, as well as at Mount Emily. Indeed I was shocked when I heard abt your elimination on 17th August, esp since u were among the best singers every week. Altho u may not be as slim as the other finalists, the one thing that matters the most has gotta be your voice. And I still think you're beautiful in your own way. Your Idol journey may haf ended, but definitely not your journey as a singer. I hope you continue to pursue your dreams all the way :-)

Nurul Maideen
The Happy Goober!! So nice to haf seen u at Wisma Atria and the subsequent roadshows... I was amazed by your marked improvements as the weeks wore on... and yep indeed I was shocked when you got eliminated on Dick Lee's birthday. Yep I was one of the few fans who waved to u outside Radiogate as u headed back to the hostel afterwards. And it was great knowing your sister too! Hope to see u somewhere in town... stay sweet and pretty!! :-)

Joakim Gomez
I gotta give u credit for the way u handled all that negativity for the past few weeks... esp after the 3 gals before u got ousted. Im truly impressed by your positive attitude and strong will... now that the nightmare is over, I hopr ur doing well these days. Your faith in the Lord our Saviour is truly inspirational to many of us... and indeed Im glad to haf talked to your mum for a while. God bless u in everything u do... :-)
Paul Twohill
Say say say... your goofy persona never fails to crack me up... indeed u haf earned my respect wif your commendable efforts in spite of your seemingly waek vocal range. I may haf been a little freaked out by your emo rocker image, but I still think that you're the most unique and wackiest contestant I had ever come across. And ur such a nice person... shaking my hand outside the Indoor Stadium before I even had time to react. Your parents and siblings make an amazing bunch! Watch out for me at Hype Up concert!! And yes, I know your brother's bday is coming :-)

Jasmine Tye
Of all the contestants Im closer to, I share perhaps the strongest bond wif this cutie pie, tho I didnt really start off as her fan when I first became part of the Singapore Idol frenzy. I can never thank your family enough for giving me the opportunity to be part of the frenzy. Im really so blessed to haf known such a sweet, caring, kind-hearted and unpretentious gal like u. I got so much more to say to u, but i had said that all in an earlier post (link: http://tanatanakyn.blogspot.com/2006/09/jasmine-you-did-us-all-proud.html). I had no regrets rooting for u at various roadshows, getting your autograph, taking pic wif u and even hugging u. I'm missing u a lot, Jasmine... do hope we can bump into each other in town one of these days (esp since I live at Hougang). And do watch out for me at Hype-up concert!! I'll never stop praying for u and family... I love you always :-)

Jonathan Leong
Altho Im not exactly from your fanclub, I did vote for u most of the time during the Spectaculars, as much as I voted for Jasmine of course. And yes, I had been to most of the roadshows to root for u and the otehr remaining Idols... and yes, i was one of the 150 fans who went for the autograph session at Plaza Singapura on 16th September, Im quite sure u recognized me (tho we never really talked upclose). Altho Im obviously disappointed that you fell short of winning the crown, Im still very happy for u. Indeed u deserved your place in the Final 2 spot, and u did all of us Jonatics and Idol fans in general proud. I really hope u get a contract by end of this month ya? And yep, I will be going for the Hype Up concert!! God bless u and your loved ones all the time :-)

Hady Mirza
Congrats on winning the Singapore Idol crown!! Altho I dont haf any connection wif u like I haf wif Gayle, Emilee, Jasmine and Jon, I just wanna say that I respect u for your consistency, your ability to move others and your excellent vocal range. Don't care what others might say abt u being too similar to Taufik before u... your overall being is so much different from Taufik's and I can see that you are not trying to be a duplicate of him. Im looking forward to your debut album... and also your performance at the upcoming Hype up concert!! :-)

Many thanks to... the judges Dick Lee, Florence Lian, Jacintha Abishegenaden and Ken Lim for bringing them and the other 'Ousted Idols' into the Piano Shows... as well as giving them tips to improve on their future performances. Many thanks especially to Jacintha for her questionable yet entertaining last-minute, 'poor quality server connection' comments, and Ken Lim for his ever meaningful and constructive comments, as well as allowing us to see a softer side of him wif his cover page appearances wif his son Jax on 2 different issues :-)

Gurmit Singh
Though you may not be the best host, I still respect you for your determination and your profession... for being able to tackle many roles under such a tight schedule. You're a really caring person... keep up the hard work!! God bless u and family always :-)

Daniel Ong
Tho u may be one of the funniest and lamest host-cum-DJ I had ever come across, I still respect u as much as I do for Gurmit. You're such an easy-going person who is often able to connect wif the people at the roadshows. Indeed your name is almost synonymous to the Singapore Idol name. Take care and wish u many days of happiness wif u-know-who :-)

Daphne Khoo
So nice to know that you're still in contact with the Singapore Idol franchise as the spokesperson for Idol In Demand... so glad to haf seen u 7 times in person... and yep I did take pic wif u 3 times on different events. You're a real cutie and sweetie... since u and Jasmine haf so much in common, I think both of u can play sisters in an upcoming drama if ever the opportunity arises!! Love ya always... hope to see ya at an upcoming roadshow soon :-)

Leandra Rasiah
Altho I had only seen u once at the reception area after the Final 11 Spectaculars, I was glad to haf gotten your autograph and taken pic wif u. Wish u the best in your future endeavors ya? :-)



For those whose names I may not have mentioned here, you know who you are and thank you very much.

1 comment:

kaileng said...

heya! nah..my Gpa sucks..i tout i could be better!

haha..well...you'r really sincere man..

writing a whole passage to the idols and idol fans..

hehheh..

well..jonrox!