Monday, October 23, 2006

Star Awards roadshow at Jurong Point

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...
ANTON TAN (sergeant from PECG)
AZURA (PAul Twohill fan)

Today is the start of the Scorpio star.

In case you're wondering, the colors used to highlight certain people's name are in correspondence to each of their zodiac signs...
Aries Taurus Gemini Cancer Leo Virgo Libra Scorpio Sagittarius Capricorn Aquarius Pisces

Example #1: Vincent's birthday falls on Sagittarius (fire star), thus his name is highlighted in red.
Example #2: Felicia's birthday falls on Scorpio (water star), hence her name is highlighted in blue.
Get the picture? Ok, let's proceed :-)

The haze may have still been around, but even such a terrible haze wasn't enough to dampen the moods of over 400 fans who turned up at Jurong Point yesterday to see these 6 very popular Mediacorp celebrities...

Gurmit Singh 1900-112-2204
Vincent Ng 1900-112-2212

Bryan Wong 1900-112-2217
Jesseca Liu 1900-112-2233
Michelle Chong 1900-112-2235
Felicia Chin 1900-112-2240
The event was being hosted by Dasmond Koh (vote for him at 1900-112-2201) and Lin Peifen... 3rd time seeing Dasmond and 2nd time seeing Peifen (who recently posed in FHM).
Indeed it was my very first time seeing Jesseca in person at long last (indeed ta zhen de hen mei wor)... yet I dont quite understand why Steph and Peiling who liked her following her role in "Rhapsody In Blue" haf to cover their faces. And to think I nearly got Jesseca's Chinese name mixed up with the name she used in "The Champions"!! :-X
My checklist on the number of times I haf seen the others...
Michelle Chong- 3rd time (last time being at Hougang Mall on 18th June wif Pat Mok). She looked really WOW in a pink dress... yet dunno why her fans must cover their faces wif the banners when the camers zoomed in at their faces.
Felicia Chin- 6th time (last time being at Ngee Ann City just 2 weeks ago). I managed to pass to her the present I bought for her... and when she thanked me for it, my knees went SUPER WEAK!!! :-p
Vincent Ng- 6th time (last time being at the President's Star Charity show... but like what Rina told me, she saw Vin at Ngee Ann City 2 weeks ago, so it could haf been my 7th time had I noticed him earlier). Indeed the Vin fans were just as shy as the Mich Chong/Fel fans, covering their faces with the placards. Now I know for sure that the fans of the Singapore Idol finalists are much more open than the fans of Mediacorp celebs. But ha, Meiling kena saboed by the other fans at one point... no doubt she's the most popular forum member of all!! :-D
Bryan Wong- 4th time (last time being a guest judge at the Never Say Die Finals on mid June). I cant really say much abt him since he's not exactly one of my faves... but what I can say is that he's quite a prankster alongside the next celebrity...
Gurmit Singh- 17th time (last time being at the Singapore Idol Final Showdown last month). No, your eyes are NOT playing tricks on you here... THAT IS REALLY Mr Phua Chu Kang in ths pic. The Singapore Idol host is indeed BALD (for the second time that is). As bald as people like Patrick Stewart and Stone Cold Steve Austin. He was really quite a prankster... making lame jokes on breaking wind and other stuff.
I had to leave the place halfway at 3 pm so I could reach Shaw House on time at 4 pm... abt 5 min after I punched in, there were TWO MORE MEDIACORP CELEBS who showed up... PRISCELIA CHAN AND ALAN TERN!!! MY FIRST TIME SEEING THEM UPCLOSE LEH!!! And yep, indeed I got their autographs!!! :-D

No comments: