Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Celebrating Chinese New Year

Happy Birthday to...
27th Jan- Fann Wong, Andrew Lam and Tan Eng Soon
28th Jan- Hady Mirza, Nick Carter and Gayle C

This was how I spent CNY this year...

Sunday (25th Jan)
Went for morning service with family, then I went to help Mother collect some duck pieces from marketplace. I reached home rather early at abt 11.30 am, had frozen pizza for lunch, and then spent the next few hrs surfing the Net. Tris' friend Aaron (who hailed from Canada) came over and the 4 of us took a taxi to Cousin Teck's house. It was there that we had reunion dinner steamboat style... and apparently us youngsters could only manage to finish half of the food on the table, while the elder generation still went rather strong. After a few games of mahjong, me and family headed back home, in time to watch the CNY Countdown on Channel 8.

Monday (26th Jan)
We bought some Big Breakfast Meals from McDonald's, and then spent nearly the whole day slacking at home. Initially I thought of going out,but was just too lazy to do so. Nevetheless, I managed to successfully download a really old VGA game titled "Quest For Glory 1: So You Want To Be A Hero", a game I had not played for abt 10 years. Yet surprisingly I can still remember the map and some of the objectives, even though I no longer have the self-made walkthrough booklet to the game. After I watched "Little Nyonya Big Reunion", me and family took a bus to Changi Airport... it was there that we had dinner at a pasta restaurant at Terminal 2... one that had very few patrons. We then took the Skytram to Terminal 1 to welcome Dad back. Lights out at 1 plus.

Tuesday (27th Jan)
Ahhh, this is where the real fun began. We left the house at 10 plus to visit A-kin first, pray for her and then take a bus to Hoon-jie's house. It was there that we (along with Kor-kor Teck and family) had lunch of spagetthi, beef steak, pizza, potato slices and the like. Then we celebrated Kor-kor Teck's birthday with a multi-flavored cake bought by Hoon-jie herself. Then after KK Teck and family left the place at 3 (and Tris off to visit friends), I had my first taste of mahjong, and with some help from Hoon-jie, I managed to win the first 2 games (I call it beginner's luck). While the others continued playing, I went to surf the Net for cheat codes to "Quest For Glory 1". Me and folks then left the place at around 6, had quick dinner at Bishan and then headed back home. Tris and Wendy came over at 8 plus and we played Taboo (which we had played before) as well as 5-Alive (a game we had not played for a long time). I tried to watch the whole of "Evan Almighty", but found myself becoming rather weary and sleepy, so I decided to go to sleep at 12 plus. Thing is myself and Tris got lesser angpow money than the last 2 years, mostly due to the economic crisis, and also partly bcos Kor-kor Teck had just retired.

Stay tuned for pictures in an upcoming post... ;-)

No comments: