Friday, January 23, 2009

Guangzhou dancers at Raffles City

Happy Birthday to... Mas Selamat
Problem is we don't even know what's happened to him already!!

Before I went to MediaCorp on Wednesday, I heard some loud music from the 3rd level of Raffles City, so I went up to take a look...

Eight beauties in pink attire doing some folk dance. Cutie pies!! :-p


Tribal-dance by 4 guys and 4 girls. One of the girls has got a baby face... the music sounded catchy yet a little offensive cos one part of the singing sounded a lot like a vulgarity directed at a certain race.


Martial arts-based dance by 8 guys. I wasn't really interested in male dancers, so I didn't take much pictures.


As the performances came to an end, the dancing instructors came on stage and opened up a scroll to unveil some hidden message or something. The whole thing ended at about 1345 hrs. The Chinse dancers are an awesome bunch.
I saw this banner outside Raffles City and that's when I got a clearer picture on the performances. Ahh, no wonder... I'm thinking of watching the Guangzhou Song & Dance Troupe performance this Friday before heading to the Esplanade to watch Daphne's performance. And yes, I think I'm gonna check out the Nanjing Acrobatics Troupe sometime between 28th Jan to 4th Feb! ;-)

No comments: