Thursday, January 01, 2009

What I did on New Year's Day

Happy Birthday to Jerry Yan
Happy New Year 2009

As stated earlier, I'm not one to make resolutions, for I often break them in the end. Still that doesn't mean I'm no gonna make any...

  1. I shall learn to have better self-control... not just with people who disgust me with their behaviors, but also people who fail to switch their cell phone to silent mode. As the saying goes, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."
  2. I should learn to be less critical towards certain things, but expressing my thoughts is still ok.
  3. I should build a stronger relationship with God, and read the Bible more often.
  4. I should try my hardest to lose weight!! I had been piling up kilos since dunno when, Im starting to look like either Kane or JBL with that ponch of mine. Abt time I hit the gym more often.
  5. I will continue to maintain strong ties with my parents. So far everything has been going smoothly, even though I do get nagged at once in a while.
  6. No point talking about getting a girlfriend asap, since I have been single for waaaay too long. But it would be good if I can find someone I like... someone who would love and accept me for who I am. I know love cannot be forced upon or rushed, it takes time to nurture.

Anyway, this is what I did today...
I woke up at 9 am, prob the latest I could wake up for some time (I usually wake up at 8 plus on Saturdays). I accompanied Mother to collect several packs of otah which she had ordered a week earlier, and had breafast outside. At 12 plus, me and family (Mother, Brother and Wendy) went to Korkor Teck's house for a New Year's gathering with other relatives. We had lunch of various items like bee hoon, chicken wings, chicken drumlets, satay, otah, sushi, french loaf, etc. I brought my PSP with the intention of showing Zhewen the games I have, but ended up having Renyi, Renzhi and Rende (children of Lilian) taking turns to play the WWE SvR 2009 game for hours, til the battery ran completely flat. In the meantime, Tris and a few others played Taboo and Cranium (the very game I once played with the Naturals back at Settlers' Cafe on Dec 2007). Oh, and Korkor Teck showed a list of videos from the 90s... mostly involving A-sor and her siblings. Lol there was even a video featuring me doing a Michael Jackson dance when I was only 10 yrs old (and very skinny back then)!! Man, that was truly embarassing... lucky XX* didnt come, otherwise I would feel even more malu-ated!!! :-O

Party ended at 4 plus, and everyone went off. Daniel drove me, Mum, Tris and Wendy to Bishan at 5 plus, and it was there that we went separate ways (Tris sent Wendy home). Me and Mum had dinner at Junction 8, did a bit of shopping, then returned home to rest.

As for the identity of XX, I can only say she was very busy on New Year's Eve, and would have been resting at home at the time of the party. I think some of you know who... but I'm not gonna say it here due to privacy purposes. No more questions asked... :-X

2 comments:

ANGILE said...

HAHAHA XX! HAHAHAHAH. Haiyo. No need to feel shy la. Pfft. Hahaha. Don't worry, there's still CNY :P

TaNaT DaMaN said...

Haha, you really wont be able to recognise me if I show you or anyone my chidlhood photos... back then I was really underweight and often wore shorts, and wore HUGE specs. The weight problem stopped only when I was in Pri 6 (but then I got fatter when I was in Sec 3). And my hairstyle also cannot make it one...
Oh, and I still not gonna say who XX is, though I know some of the people out there know who liao. (hint: I saw her at VivoCity on Tues)