Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wedding Game event at Bugis, and Late Nite at Esplanade

Happy Birthday to Fiona Xie and Adria Tham

I came across a certain stage setting located in the midst of Bugis on my way to have lunch. I thought to myself, "why not I drop by to take a look before going to the Esplanade?" And that's exactly what I did after knocking off from work at abt 6 pm... :-)


So immediately after I knocked off from work, I headed back to Bugis to await the start of the roadshow. As expected, it started late at abt 6.30 pm insead of 6 pm. Other than Ekachai, Dennis Chew, Alice Lau and Hei Ren (some Taiwanese heartthrob), there were also 3 sportswomen from Team Singapore... retired table tennis player Jing Junhong, national swimmer Tao Li and a certain Pearlyn Wee or something like that. And yeah, I know Tao Li is the cousin of many people's worst enemy... I bet Mr Kiam Pa will be hopping mad if he ever found out that he missed out on such a rare opportunity (i.e. to see his cousin Tao Li). It was during the event that I happened to see Edmund and Jessie. :-)



Event ended at abt 7.10 pm, with the cast heading for the first of 2 gala premieres at Great World City (the 2nd one was at VivoCity). I had a chat with Terence for a while, then I went to have dinner at the food court located at the basement level of Suntec City. Walked around the place, then went to Esplanade to attend Daphne's Late Nite performance at the Recital Studio. Sorry to disappoint you readers, but photography was prohibitd during the show, hence the noticeable absence of photos on Daphne performing.


The turnout was quite good with 90% of the seats being filled up... unfortunately, the audience seemed rather dead and unethusiastic, I think I was one of very few people clapping along to some of Daphne's songs (some of which were covers by Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Avril Lavigne, M2M, etc). Jack from Jack and Rai was one of the guitarists as well as back-up vocalist. Her diction seemed to have become a bit Westernized since the last time I saw her at Ngee Ann Poly which was abt a year ago... but that's mostly because she is now studying in Perth. Of all the people I expected to see, I only managed to see Keith and Shawn Tok (!!!). There was no sign of Daniel, Joakim, Benji or even Sly anywhere within the studio...


After the show, I took pic with the cutie pie and got her autograph on my ticket. And yeah, most of the people were waiting for her as well. I reached back home on time before Mother could turn me into a pumpkin... :-p

No comments: