Thursday, January 29, 2009

My thoughts on the Royal Rumble and other things

Happy Birthday to Rui En, Patrick Ma and Britestar

I am actually quite surprised by the outcome on the 2009 Royal Rumble... for the first time in 10 years, a heel character, namely Randall Keith Orton, has emerged the winner of this year's Royal Rumble (this does not count individuals who turn heel in the weeks following Royal Rumble or WrestleMania). Orton verified that he (kayfabe) suffers from IED (intermittent explosive disorder), a condition that the WWE is aware of, and stated that if anyone tries to stop him from going to the Main Event at WrestleMania 25, not only will he sue the company for breech of contract, he will also be taking Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr along with him... and he will make sure that the whole company is closed down should he get fired.

Thus Stephanie McMahon felt that firing him would be too easy, in spite of Orton's repeated attempts to beg her into doing so... so she decided to bring out her brother Shane to confront Orton for what he had done to their father. Ironically, the last heel individual to emerge the winenr of the Royal Rumble match was the very person who got kicked in the skull by the Legend Killer just last week... none other than the chairman of the company himself, Vince McMahon (back in 1999... the Rumble for that year was one of the worst Rumble matches in WWE history).

Not much of a surprise on some of the other matches... Cena retained the World Heavyweight Title, Jack Swagger retained the ECW Title, and Melina defeated Beth Phoenix to become new Women's Champion. But the way the WWE Title changed hands was indeed a surprise (much like Survivor Series)... Matt Hardy turning on his brother Jeff (the then-champion) and giving Edge the opportunity to win the WWE Title once more.

And on a personal note... I find it way too ironic that I could be 'let go' at a rather unceremonial rate (by phonecall, can you believe it!!), just mere weeks after a heart-to-heart talk with my employer. Then again, I was informed that the 'day of reckoning' could happen anytime, even without prior notice. I was left with rather mixed feelings about this... and licking my own wounds as well. It didn't help that my replacement was already announced beforehand. The question ringing in my mind wasn't "How come so soon?", but rather "Why no early notice??". Is that how things work in the sector? The only thing I have to do now is read the Classified Ads more often, and try my very best to persevere during these trying times of economic crisis. Nothing else I can do... it's like a total eclipse of the heart. I'm afraid I can't give any more details on what happened... guess it's rather easy to figure out :-/

If I were to suffer from IED (so far there wasn't any known case as such), God knows what I might do... I could lose control of myself and perhaps deliver a vicious punt kick to the head of that person who issued my 'end date' and for not even sparing me a few days' grace. And I know too well that my employer was not responsible for it, but someone else of a higher position than him.

To end off, I will put in the theme song of the 2009 Royal Rumble winner, back by popular demand. I dedicate this song not just to the WWE fans, but also to those whose birthday falls today. And yes, congrats to Rui En for winning "Babe of The Year" award for the 2009 The New Paper Flame Awards... ;-)

(If you want to find out more about IED, you may search for it under Wikipedia)

Voices- Rev Theory (Randy Orton's current theme)

I hear voices in my head
They council me, they understand
They talk to me...


You got your rules and your religion
All designed to keep you safe
But when rules start getting broken
You start questioning your faith
I have a voice that is my savior
Hates to love and loves to hate
I have the voice that has the knowledge
And the power to rule your fate

I hear voices crying, I see heroes dying
I taste the blood that's drying, I feel the tension rising

[Chorus]
I hear voices in my head
They council me, they understand
They talk to me, they talk to me
They tell me things that I will do
They show me things I'll do to you
They talk to me... (talk to me, talk to me)

Talk to me!!! (talk to me, talk to me)

They talk to me... (talk to me, talk to me)
Talk to me!!! (talk to me)

All the lawyers are defenseless
All the doctors are disease
And the preachers all are sinners
And the police just take the grease
All you judges you are guilty
All the bosses I will fire
All you bankers will have losses
And politicians are all liars

I see darkness falling, I hear voices calling
I feel justice crawling, I see faith has fallen
(Repeat chorus)


I hear voices crying, I see heroes dying
I taste the blood that's drying, I feel the tension rising

I hear voices in my head
They council me, they understand
They talk to me, they talk to me
They tell me things that I will do
They show me things I'll do to you
They talk to me...!!!!

1 comment:

Ishardi Anti-Hero said...

Hey Tanat. Sorry to hear that you were let off by your employer. That was rather unxpected. For me, I quit from my job due to some reasons.

Well, whatever it is, persevere what you have now. And at the same time, try to pursue something that is related to your interest. Like me, I'm vying for my dream to be a journalist in whatever circumstances. Bet you have your dream what you want to achieve, Tanat....