Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Campus Superstar Final 6

Yesterday, I slacked at home for most of the day, but that's mostly because it was raining rather heavily during midday. I only left the house at about 4 pm. Had dinner at AMK Hub and reached MediaCorp at 6 plus, chatting with Terence, Shanwei and the like. The moment I saw Jamie and Valerie, I quikly rushed forward to the younger one and pinched her with affection.


Ok at 7 plus, we went into the lower gallery of the theater, the Felicians sat at the left side of the level near the main entrance/exit. Managed to wave to Yi Qing, and I took some pics before the show began obviously. Managed to see Ridhwan and Rachael Chang seated at the centre part of the lower gallery, within Jiamin's fanclub. Ohyes, I saw CSS 1 alumni Imm Khim, she looked really WHOA MAN in black top and shorts. Turns out she's a friend of Rachel Lim. :-)


Competition is getting tougher here. Like last week's round, 2 contestants will be eliminated by the end of the night. In order to qualify to next round, the contestant must get above 28 points. If the score is lower, the contestant will be in the danger zone. The contestant with the lowest score for the judges' voting round will be eliminated. The remaining contestants will then be determined by publc voting, the 2 with lowest number of votes will have to go through a 'PK round'. The contestant whose mike gets screwed up will be out.


Jarod got 30 points. Showing improvement in spite of his yet-to-break voice.


Ai Jia got the highest with 30.5 points. Still showing power vocals like before.


Mavis got 29.5 points. Good in terms of technical prowess, I have to admit.


Rachel got 26.5 points, somehow she wasn't as consistent as previous week's.


Jiamin got 27.5 points. She did something different by dancing, and that caught many people by surprise. The judges weren't too impressed by this though.


Joselin got 24.5 marks, and got eliminated as a result. She was already in tears prior to that, mostly due to flashbacks on one of her best friends who passed away recently due to car accident. Not forgetting the fact that she seemed to have lost her voice.

The Felicians then headed to RG right after the perfromance show ended... there was a commotion happening at the entrance, but I don't know exactly what happened cos I just came out from the washroom. Suddenly due to some unknown reason, I found myself rushing forward to RG...


Turns out that Dai Yang Tian was there!! Woo hoo, it's my lucky day... I managed to get his autograph in the 8 days calendar at last, and also take pic with him for very first time. :-)


For the next 30 to 40 mins, the Felicians were chilling out at the shelter in front of RG... I couldn't resist teasing Hui Si during this time. Felicia finally came out at 10.10 pm (munching on an apple)... we took pic with her of course. This is my 20th indvividual picture with Fel I think. Oh yes, Dennis Chew arrived at RG via taxi at around this time :-)

After that, most of the Felicians went back home. After a moment of contemplating, I decided not to stay at reception to wait for the contestants. opting instead to get back home by 11 plus... just in time to watch the results show for CSS Final 6. Rachel was next to be ousted, but she was still smiling, and her parents got on stage to embrace her.

No comments: