Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Watching "Watchmen", looking forward to upcoming films

Happy Birthday to Terrence Howard (the former James Rhodes) and Esther Goh


Yesterday, me and Wandi went to Ang Mo Kio Hub to watch "Watchmen". Watchmen is quite a complex film to watch, there were some parts of the film I didn't quite understand. Then again, I can't seem to imagine an alternate universe when the Americans win the Vietnam War (with help from Dr Manhattan, no less) and when Richard Nixon is re-elected for a third run as president after 1974... eliminating the runs of Gerard Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Regan (at least in the story). I rate it 7 out of 10 stars. Be warned though... not only would you get high over the hudity scenes, you may also end up giggling at the totally naked Dr Manhattan, in regards to his CG-sized manhood. I admit I like Nite Owl the most cos even though he's too much of a nice guy and gone into paunchy retirement, he did get to snog the smokin hawt babe Silk Spectre II. Which means there is hope for me, haha!! Oh, and Rorscarch is wicked cool too... with his freaky vigilante methods. :-)

Dunno whether I should watch "Dragonball Evolution" or not, I heard it is a bit of a stinker since it doesn't stay true to the original Japanese comics. But I may consider watching "Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun-Li". Esp since it stars Kristin Kreuk and our very own Edmund Chen... :-p

No comments: