Saturday, March 07, 2009

Hey Gorgeous finals (details only)

Happy Birthday to Paul Twohill and Teng Hui

Today was a crazy day, I went to West Coast Plaza to root for Charlyene during the Hey Gorgeous finals. Turned out I was the only one who made posters... and jialatt, I kena interviewed bcos of that!! Die lah, I confirm might appear on i-weekly very soon... I pray and hope that I don't get hate mail flooding in my inbox or something... :-S


This was how the day began... I left the house rather late at 11.30 am, took train from Kovan to Outram Park interchange, then took second train to Clementi. I happened to meet fellow NATurals Michelle and Meiyan there, and the 3 of us took the free service shuttle bus to West Coast Plaza. Turned out that the place was smaller than I had thought, but then again, it was my first time there. The place was almost vacant at the time I reached the place, but when the crowd started increasing, I realized that I do need to fill my stomach, so I rushed to Subway to buy a sandwich for quick lunch.

The event started a bit late at about 1420 hrs, Lee Teng and Jiahui were the hosts. Daren, Nat and Fiona were the guest judges. Out of 13 contestants, 1 of them (John Fluckinger from Nanyang Poly) pulled out at last minute cos he was down with fever at very last minute (sibei suay). Reminded me a little of the other time when Jasmine couldnt participate in Stardust finals last year due to similar reasons.

This was what the 12 finalists did in first round...

  • Teddy (NTU) and Linda (NYP) did a duet
  • Charlyene (NTU) did a ballroom dance
  • Joash (NP) did a tribal dance (he was clad only in green towel!!)
  • Manton (RP) did a magic performance, dealing with
  • Joreen (NP) did a magic performance, dealing with colors and cards. She looked quite hot
  • Katty (SP) sang a mixture of songs while her friend strummed on acoustic guitar.
  • Ron Ng (SP) did Capeiora dance, his handstands were impressive.
  • Sharon (NUS) played an SHE number on the electric organ.
  • Gary (NUS) and Ferynn (SP) sang "Xiao Jiu Wo" (originally sung by JJ Lin and Charene Choi). Later they were made to kiss each other in the lips!
  • Serene (TP) did hip-hop dance.

Second round featured the hunks and babes in beach attire. Joreen and Ferynn looked the hottest in bikni tops... Lee Teng was close to getting nosebleed, haha!! The other girls wore floral dresses, I felt Linda got the hottest pair of legs, heh. The ones who got eliminated after this were 2 guys (Joash and) and 3 girls (Katty, Sharon and Ferynn).

Third round was Q n A for the 7 finalists, the question imposed on Teddy by the ratehr lame Lee Teng was the funniest (something to do with Brokeback Mountain or Milk, shudder). After that, came the part where the fans give a flower to the contestant they like... I obviously gave mine to Charlyene, hehe. Oh yes, I also got to chat with Charlyene's mum who was present at the scene. Charlyene got the most number of roses with 16, more than all the others. Poor Ron got only one.

In the end, it was Teddy and Charlyene who won the titles of School Beau and School Belle!! NTU reps win for second time in a row!! It was indeed a pleasure to see Fiona give flowers to Teddy, and to see Nat give flowers to Charlyene. Right after the event ended, 3 of us (Pamela, Valerie and myself) shared cab to MediaCorp to wait for the finalists to return. Val and myself went ot RG first to wait for the judges to come out... Daren had already left by then, whereas Fiona had to rush off by taxi, but before asking me to send her regards plus apologies to Xueting (who was on her way to MDC). Nat on the other hand stayed for a few minutes to chat with us fans, and yep we got to take pic with him again, just before he drove off. :-)

We then headed back to reception... a few minutes before 6 pm, the finalists came out, I took pic with 4 of the finalists... Charlyene, Teddy, Joash and Gary. Charlyene gave me a big surprise, and we hugged each other. One of the finalists left the place rather early, he was from RP I believe. 3 of the finalists (namely Teddy, Linda and Sharon) took same bus with the few of us fans to Toa Payoh interchange. After we dropped off, I took photo with sweet-faced Linda (NYP babe). Lo and behold, guess who we met at the mrt station... MABLE??? :-O She was going to Jurong East region with a friend.

To end off, we dropped off at different locations... I reached Marina Square at 7 pm to check out the auditions at Media Fiesta section; true enough, the cast of Fighting Spiders were already gone, but that's ok. I had my dinner at the food court, then took long bus ride back home.

Because I took over 400 photos at West Coast Plaza, and I am having login problems with Blogger these days, I am gonna post very few photos of the event in a future post. Provided that Blogger is working properly that is...

No comments: