Sunday, June 07, 2009

Crazy Sunday from morning to night

Today was a harsh day for me, but I'm glad I made it through and still had some energy remaining in my 'fuel tank'.

0800 to 1400 hrs:
To start off the day, Bro and I bade our folks farewell as they set off to take the morning bus to Malaysia to attend Bible family camp. Then Bro and I took bus to church... I did camera duty for morning service as per 3-week rotation, and unsurprisingly the church was half-full due to half the church population having gone for Bible family camp in Malaysia. The sermon ended rather early and I decided to go to Plaza Sing to have early lunch, as well as develop some photos there. I went to Cathay to see the situation for round 2 of Singapore Idol auditions, but there were about 20 people in the queue. I went to use Net at nearby cyber cafe for about 1 hour, and got back to Cathay to see only a slight increase in numbers. But I did bump into a few friends who will be part of the auditions.

1400 to 1700 hrs:when the clock struck 2, I decided to take train to Serangoon to attend Sufian's (army friend) wedding. The couple arrived at 3 plus, and many relatives plus fiends went up to take picture with Sufian and his blushing bride. Besides Fauzi (who's become all beefed up like John Cena!!), I also saw Md Noh (with kids), Faizul, Sgt Faizal (botak now!!) and Herwandi there; a few more army friends had attended the dinner procession on Saturday night. The deejay can't seem to stop talking throughout the whole thing, Fauzi was so peeved he felt like giving him Sweet Chin Music at one point!! Fauzi and myself were the last to leave the place at about 4.50 pm... after going separate ways, I took direct bus to the next destination which is... Toa Payoh Hub!!

1700 to 0000 hrs: I reached Toa Payoh Hub rather fast at abt 5.30 pm. Just as predicted, the turnout for this one-of-a-kind True Hearts charity event there was superbly overwhelming, more so than the turnout at the Singapore Idol auditions. From ground level to the 2nd levels and even the parking lot block, I could see people peeking out to try getting a good view of the action on stage.I decided to have early dinner at Burger King, and found a good spot (aka near the RBKD fanclub) to snap pictures for the first 30 minutes (oh yes, I did meet JH aka the diehard Jeanette and Cena fan and her family there too!!). I decided to head back home at ard 7.45 pm cos I was too worn out from all that cramming and squeezing from ground level to second level. Morevoer, I felt it would be much safer plus wiser to watch the rest of the show at home. Lights out just before midnight. This is what I took during the first 40 minutes of the show though...

- Opening segment: Rui En singing a remix of "Listen To Your Heart" (Mandarin version)
- wushu performance by 4 male celebs (Dai Yang Tian, Joshua Ang, Alan Tern, Zheng Ge Ping) and many young male martial arts club members
- Some random rock performance by some veteran artistes

You may go to this link to view more photos... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=119406&id=556354026&ref=mf

No comments: