Monday, June 15, 2009

QQ birthday party, and inner rage within

Happy Birthday to Aidil Kamis, Germaine Chow and Joselin Ng

Sorry for not upd
ating last night, though I could have. I wasn't really in a clear state of mind to blog due to a erm, certain insecurity (read on and you'll find out). In the morning, me and family went for Sunday service as a whole, the only time we would do so for this month cos Dad had to catch an evening flight back to Thailand (sniff). The topic was on physical healing (temporal) as well as spiritual healing (eternal) and preached by Rev. Tay. After service ended, I took bus to Paya Lebar station, then took train to Simei.


I took a brief stroll around Eastpoint Mall, then went out to bus stop...



Lo and behold, it was raining at last!! Luckily I brought along umbrella, otherwise I sure kena drenched like no tomorrow. I took bus to Simei Green... only to find out that I went to wrong venue!!! So I took bus again and this time, I walked to the correct location, the condo located opposite Changi General Hospital. Very big condo with huge swimming pool.


So I got inside the Function Room and was greeted warmly by Qiuting and her sisters. Turned out that almost everyone also got the place wrong, but can't totally blame them. I felt a bit bad cos I didn't buy a gift for QQ, but she told me that I ned not worry. In the minutes that followed, a few more friends arrived (one of them was Silver, whom I last saw at K-Box Union a few mths back). By abt 1 pm, the rain had finally stopped, the sun came out again and we started to makan. But quite wasted lah, there was too much fried rice and curry left over. QQ's family managed to salvage some of the food into styrofoam boxes nonetheless. Oh yes, I spotted abt 3 bikini babes in the pool at one point, I was going "yeah baby" and fortunately, I didn't get nosebleed at all. But I opted not to take any sneaky shot of them, lest everyone else think that I am a pervert.


At about 2.45 pm, it was time to wish Qiuting Happy Birthday. She had to blow 2 bday cakes, and she managed to avoid getting her pretty face smeared onto the cake by her third sister, heh. A bunch of hem then sang some karaoke songs in the lounge.
And yeah, these are the photos I feel are legit to be published... but then again, I didn't really take many pics during the party.

At about 3.30 pm, Kenneth, Min and myself worked together to clear the trays and tumblers as well as carry them to the carpark... fold the table cloths as well as the spring-loaded tables; the others had to clear house. And it was around this time that I got really pissed cos I was trying very hard not to lose my cool at the constant mispronounciation of my name (yes, I am THAT sensistive, you have been warned)!! I was so mad deep down inside, that I litearlly KICKED the last table and nearly cut my big toe!! For the last time, my name is pronounced as "TAH-NUT" as in Michael Tarnat, and NOT "Tah-net", get that?!?! Next person to get that wrong (unless he is a new friend) is so gonna receive a punt kick to the skull!!!

Anyway after we left the place at 4 plus, I went to the toilet to cool myself down from the name mispronounciation, then took tain to Changi to meet up with parents and brother. We had dinner at the canteen located at Basement 1 of Terminal 1, then Mum, Bro and I bade Dad farewell as he entered the departure hall. We then took bus back home to do our own thing.

No comments: