Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Random thoughts on WWE news and more

Happy Birthday to Jacqueline and Michelle Tan

WWE news
Man, I can't believe that Donald Trump got fired as owner of Raw (by who else but Vince McMahon) after running the show for only one week (and making the show commercial-free for the very first time in Raw history). This probably marked the death of what is meant to be a memorable and history-making moment in the world of sports-entertainment. The Donald then gave Vince a piece of his mind by giving him a hard slap to the face. Maybe Vince had concerns that Donald Trump might screw everything up, like how Vince Russo ruined WCW between 1999 to 2001 and caused Ted Turner to lose a huge sum of money with the closing down of WCW. It was most humiliating for Vince to purchase Monday Night Raw at twice the price he sold it for the week prior. Oh, and am I glad that Santina Marella got fired at last!! No more of that Miss WrestleMania B.S. already...

The upcoming PPV event "The Bash" has 7 confirmed matches, and it will take place in Sacramento, California on 28th June. More details on that in a later post...

Random stuff
- I don't mean to be harsh or something, but I was rather displeased when I discovered that someone had renewed her membership with Fanclub A via fund transfer recently. Last year she 'betrayed' Fanclub B which she had been serving for a long time and got blacklisted as a result of her actions, and now she wants to continue being part of Fanclub A, in which she hadn't been active for almost the whole of last year?? It really makes me wonder what her reasons for renewing may be... whatever the case, I had stopped being in friendly terms with her since the conflict with Fanclub B anyway (not to forget the fact that she had offended many others along the way). The most I could give her is a cold shoulder (infinite times for that!!) and pretend as if I never knew her at all. Yes, I can be THIS honest, I was never the 'lenient type' anyway.

- Yesterday evening, our 'dear friend' Mr EY told me that he didn't make it to the next round of Singapore Idol season 3 at Marina Barrage yesterday, but according to his sms...
"MCS select me to sing 2 of their NDP songs which is to be aired on Channel 5... and maybe still have chance of getting to the next round cos they say they will ask the judges to give me one more chance. The press selected me as one of the few people for a 15 min interview, and ask me why I like Fiona in my application form... they said that the confession really gave them a big laugh and that my confession will be aired on August 9th."
Obviously I felt that all of this is total BS. and I also realized that he is in danger of becoming another overconfident, attention-craving prick like Mr Koh or Alvin Da Hutt before us. Can anyone please tell me what's so special about EY, other than his longwinded philiosophical messages and unhealthy obsessions over Leslie Cheung, Fiona Xie and Karena Lam? Such a weird fella like him doesn't even deserve another chance for fame from Dick, Flo and Ken!! Come end of August, this will be the last straw for good!!! Don't say I never warned you, EY...

- Speaking about Alvin The Hutt, I got a feeling I might see him at Leisure Park this coming Sunday, owing to the fact that he would root for anyone from Project Superstar or Campus Superstar. I better standby a full roll of masking tape, and probably a grande launcher if I have one (evil smirk)

- Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen opens in cinemas islandwide today, but I plan to watch it only sometime next week. I was never a diehard fan of Transformers, though I followed some of the series on a semi-regular basis (just to let you know, I totally hated Beast Machines). If you ask me about collectibles, I would prefer to collect Marvel Comics action figures, Star Wars figures, Power Ranger robots or even WWE figures. I do own about 3 or 4 Transformer toys btw, as well as few mini-sized Transformers.

- Speaking about Marvel Comics heroes, I don't need to watch the whole of "The Incredible Hulk" on HBO ths coming Sunday at 9 pm, cos I already got the DVD. But I really loved the Louis Letterier version, and I enjoyed watching the fight between the Hulk and the Abomination. :-)

No comments: