Monday, June 22, 2009

Surprises, daredevil stunts and contortions

Happy Birthday to Jiwei and James

Yesterday was a day full of surprises and impossibilities made possible.

0900-1020 hrs: Mum, Bro and I went to church for morning service, the Word was on Jesus healing the man with the shriveled hand on the Sabbath according to the Gospel of Mark, as well as the tension between Jesus and the Pharisees. The closing hymn after that was a very strange choice cos it was used mostly for opening song (it's the upbeat song titled "Jesus We Celebrate Your Victory").

1030-1240 hrs: We took bus to Suntec City, my eyes nearly bled upon seeing a young girl in super shorts. We went to have lunch at food court, then went a bit of shopping. Shortly after, I decided to go solo. I went around Toys R Us for a few minutes, then left Suntec.

1245 hrs:
Seeing that my water bottle was empty, I decided to go to National Library (aka my former workplace) to refill it. And boy was I lucky... after refilling my bottle, I was about to head to the escalator when someone in yellow shirt saw me and said, “Hey, Tanat!! Nice to see you!!” I turned around and...


OH MY GOD, IT’S NAT HO!!! :-O Turns out he went there to return some books and was on his way to Raffles Hotel, whereas I told him that I was on my way to Bras Basah Complex to surf Internet. After Nat left, I quickly sent mass SMSes to inform as many people as I could on the amazing encounter. :-D

1300-1630 hrs: Ok, so I surfed the Net for a while and went to the gym for a while... then I went to Plaza Singapura to meet up with the Naturals (about 8 to 10 in total), telling them more on the incident at NLB. And yep, I did renew my membership with Nat fanclub. While most of the Naturals headed to ground level of PS, I took a train to Central.


1645-1750 hrs: Upon reaching Central, I could only begin to worry bout the upcoming Inversion stunt that Magic Babe Ning is about to perform. Lo and behold, I saw those 2 weirdos (let’s name them Mr Cyan and Mr Red)... the sucka in red tee still behaving like a court jester and tucking his shirt all the way in!! Hello, this is Singapore, not China!!! As for the simpleton in cyan, he can’t seem to stop biting his fingernails, and his face still looks like a potato... oh ya, he does look a lot like William Hung!!!


1750-1830 hrs: JC and Ning graced the stage and did a bit of quiz time with fans. I located myself at the 2nd level to get a good view of the performance. My heart was beating very quickly the moment Ning was suspended upside down on the trapeze bar... and with a bed of spikes directly below her pretty face!! She had to free herself from the strait jacket while blindfolded and refrain from making any unnecessary movement from her legs (with ankle braces secured to her feet and hooked to the bar). Within 90 seconds, she successfully freed herself, and everyone cheered loudly!! Following that, was a series of interviews with Razor TV, Channel News Asia, and Channel 8. Ning had truly done us proud by being the first and only magician in Southeast Asia to successfully attempt the Inversion Act blindfolded.


1840-1900 hrs: Time for autograph-cum-photo taking session. Mr Cyan and Mr Red continued with their super weird tactics... it’s ok if they give the Magic duo drinks and cards, but the very sight of them in such weird and aggressive fashion gave me goosebumps. In fact, Mr Red who was standing right in front of me stinked really badly, I think his bag is about a decade old xiah!!! Soon after them, it was my turn to get their autographs and take picture with the Magic Duo of course. Then I went upstairs to stay away from the weird duo, at the same time seeing TH and KC mingle around with the Magic duo as well as Ning’s family for a little while. I personally thought that Ning’s younger sisters were very sweet and pretty too, heh. :-p


1910-2010 hrs: The Arena team left the place at abt 7 pm, as did the good pair (Ted and Ken) and the bad pair (Mr Cyan and Mr Red). The next segment that took place was a Contortonist act, involving 2 Monoglian beauties (in late teens I believe) and 2 Chinese babes (12 to 14 years I think). The Mongolian babes specialized in rhythmic dance, whereas the 2 Chinese gals in steamy hot yellow suits did a series of impossible contortions (ouch!!). It was mightily frightening to watch, but entertaining nonetheless.

2010-2355 hrs: Had quick dinner and then took train back home... upon reaching home at 9, I used Net til 11 plus, and headed to bed before 12 midnight.

To see more pictures taken during Magic Babe Ning's Inversion act, go here... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=123217&id=556354026

To see more pics taken during the Amazing Contortionist act, go here... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=123235&id=556354026

No comments: