Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Weird encounters at MRT station and bus stop

If the sight of people with weird dress sense or complex minds in the middle of town was disturbing enough, then the sight (and stench) of people was certainly much more disturbing, to say the least.

After knocking off from work earlier today, I took the usual train back to my hometown, surrounded by a few beauties in the same carriage. When I got off, I kept going "talk to the hand" (a la Arnie in Terminator 3) to the few financial consultants attempting to stop the people for "a few minutes and show them the latest scheme". Already a knock on the door by a bunch of youngsters wanting to sell ice-cream at 10 bucks in the middle of the night is bad enough. I seriously think that SMRT should place a ban on these financial stalls for trying to disrupt human traffic in the evening (but those giving away flyers are acceptable IMO).

While waiting for a bus, I saw a very sweet-looking girl with chin-length hair, pink hairband and white dress... reminded me of Snow White, and a little bit of Dawn Yeoh as well. I couldn't seem to stop blushing, heh. But what caught my attention next was a poor midget (standing at ard 70 cm, the height of Master Yoda) as well as a certain monstrosity... ughh, it's Mr A the vagrant!!! Although I didn't see his face upclose, I know it's him due to his tanned skin, plump build, shabby clothes and birthmark on his neck. Thank goodness he took another bus, and not the same one as me and many others. But I was soon greeted unpleasantly by the sight (and stench) of a big-sized botak guy in sweaty red shirt. The gorilla reminded me a little of Alvin, but is much taller and more intimidating, plus he looked like the type who smokes rather heavily. With me standing directly behind that stinker (back-to-back(, I was very close to throwing up. Thankfully, that goon dropped off soon after, and I (along with many other passengers in the bus) could breathe easy; I actually had to do the "Name of Father, Son, Holy Spirit" starting gesture (the one mostly used by Catholics) many times before that. Seriously, I wonder how come guys smelling like pigs could even exist in reality? Do they ever bathe properly or use Dettol at all? I shudder to think of the outcome if that gorilla's BO were as strong as LJ's. Thank God then that there wasn't any sight of a weirdo anywhere within my workplace region (save for the lanky guy in striped polo shirt, black shorts and high socks)... ok, I shall stop my heavy criticism already.

Oh yeah, I also found out that Bonnie the plump cat who kept taking naps around the Indian provision shop and not moving her butt much is actually quite old already, at 15 years of age!! That means she's about the same age as... my nephew Zhewen??? :-O

No comments: