Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pictures of Maroon 5 concert

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ikmal, Magdalene and Naomi Low
Man I tell you, the response at the Maroon 5 concert last night was simply OVERWHELMING!!! The stadium was about 95% full... and there was madness plus excitement everywhere. Let me start off from the very beginning...


This is the ticket I purchased last month...


These are the Maroon 5 CDs i have...


And this is the shirt that came free with the second album. Too tight for me though...

I had rather late lunch at McDonald's, then I took Bus 80 to Kallang area... and partly due to the fact that a very hot babe sat next to me, I missed the stop opposite the Lorong Geylang bus terminal!!! DOHHHHH... I had to walk quite a distance from that stop that I dropped off from through some construction area to the bus terminal... and when I reached the Indoor Stadium, I realized that I had indeed arrived too early!!! So at the last minute, I decided to go to Leisure Park and watch a movie titled "Be Kind Rewind"... interesting show on declining VHS tapes, I must say (check Thursday's entry for more info on the film).


So the movie ended at around 1710 hrs, and I went to have dinner at KFC... after which I made my way to the Indoor Stadium... at abt 1750 hrs, I saw a familiar-looking guy smoking at the loading bay area, then he went inside... I decided to wait a while more...


Then that guy came out again at abt 1830 hrs... IT'S MATT FLYNN THE DRUMMER!! I had no idea he was the earliest to arrive (or maybe the rest were inside already)... he approached us and signed on our booklets... I got his signature on the Maroon 5 IWBSBL booklet... :-)


I saw the "Indoor Stadium Mao" again (last time I saw her was when I went to watch the WWE Smackdown show last July)... she's still as lazy as ever, lying down on some concrete slates and staring into blank space, and not doing anything. Typical feline...


At 1910 hrs, I decided that I had enough of waiting, and went into the stadium itself. Along the way, I saw Glenn Ong and Jamie Yeo there. The T-shirts at the merchandising store inside the stadium were sold at $35 each... but I so not going to buy any of them. Besides, I already have the "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" t-shirt (see picture at start of this entry), and I'm already contented with what I have. :-)


Each seat has a plastic 'hand' that can be waved about during the show, as well as some card with a number on the lower right hand corner. Whatever the case is, I doubt I'm gonna win the $2,800 from the 987 show... I mean come on, there are about 8000 people in attendance, how to win? The odds are 800000000 to 1.


This was the attendance at 1925 hrs when i entered the stadium...


This was the attendace at 2020 hrs... 10 minutes before the concert started.


The lights went out at 2030 hrs, signifying that the concert was about to start!! Loud screams everywhere...


Matt started beating on the drums, and that furious rhythm could only mean one thing... "HARDER TO BREATHE"!!! :-D

List of songs performed...

  1. Harder To Breathe (1st album)
  2. Makes Me Wonder (2nd album)
  3. If I Never See Your Face Again (2nd album)
  4. The Sun (1st album)
  5. Can't Stop (2nd album)
  6. Nothing Lasts Forever (2nd album)
  7. Shiver (1st album)
  8. Wake Up Call (2nd album)
  9. Sunday Morning (1st album)
  10. Won't Go Home Without You (2nd album)
  11. This Love (1st album)
  12. Little Of Your Time (2nd album)
  13. She Will Be Loved (1st album)



People were literally screaming everytime Adam broke into a Barry Gibb-like falsetto and spoke like a middle-aged woman (no offence!). Not to be outdone by one voice, James and Jesse lent their voices for some of the songs. And I cannot stand the two guys sitting next to me... they cannot dance well to the beat of the songs!! I just did my own thing and 'strummed on the guitar furiously' like Adam, James or Mickey.


The guys gathered together and bade everyone farewell, signifying the end of the concert... at 2145 hrs??? Bleah, no encore at all... I was expecting it to end by 10 pm latest. And yeah, everyone had a hard time coming out of the stadium. I straightaway headed to the loading bay region to wait for the band members to come out...


First person to come out was ADAM!!! Immediately the fans (mostly gals) packed like sardines and i was caught in the midst of them... yet I managed to snap a crystal clear picture of Adam!! I tell you, he is really HAWT!! :-p


Up next was Mickey, but the flash and aperture of my camera failed on me again. And although James wanted to approach us, the security guards wouldnt let him do so. Yet the van containing Mickey and James (NOT the WWE Diva) had a hard time driving out into the main road... just check out the huge traffic at the parking lot region!!

Jesse and Matt took rather long to come out, so I just left the place soon after... and headed back home. I'm really glad I went for the concert... could have been a bit longer though :-)

Stay tuned videos of 3 songs I recorded during the concert!!

3 comments:

Atiqah said...

i wish i was there.can't wait for the 3 vidoes to be upload!!
=))

TaNaT DaMaN said...

The videos may take a long time to be uploaded, so be patient... one of them is longer than the other two. Ok, just for early info, they are "Wake Up Call", "Wont Go Home Without You" and "This Love".

Personally, it was really cool getting Matt's autograph. Could haf taken picture wif him, but security had to 'drag' him elsewhere...

TaNaT DaMaN said...

Somehow I feel it would be better if Adam wore a black shirt or something... Mickey also looked shagged in that oversized shirt inside the green top (he looked like an auntie!!). Only James and Matt were the best dressed. But ignore the fashion crisis, I still had a great time watching the concert, though it could have been longer...
Poor sound system??? I dont think so