Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gala premiere of "Rule #1"!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mr Kennedy, Norman Then and Janice


Yesterday was one of the most memorable highlights for the year... I was one of 100 very lucky people who won tickets for the gala premiere of "Rule #1", and this marked my very first time watching a movie free-of-charge!! :-D


After another dreadful day in school (which I shall not elaborate on), I reached home at abt 1540 hrs to get changed, and then went to Harborfront station to meet up with Wendy (who likes Fiona). We then headed to Vivo City and reached the ticket redemption booth, only to be told that the booth will open later at plus. So we went to have our dinner at Carl's Jr... there I told her the rough story of "The Leap Years", then we headed to the booth to get our tickets (using my IC of course). Seeing that we still had time to spare, we headed to a nearby PageOne bookstore to browse through some magazines, before heading to the red carpet area at around 2015 hrs. The props looked too real indeed...

Me and Wendy posing in front of the stage segment
These are the tickets that I won!! Halleluia! :-)


Of course there were other artistes who went for the event... most surprising appearances were Elvin and Nat Ho... others were Gurmit Singh (with beard??? EEEE), Jack Neo, Shaun Chen, Michelle Chia, Ix Shen, Ericia Lee, Nick Shen, Wu Luoyi, Qi Yuwu and Thomas Ong. Got one more artiste also, but I shall reveal the name later...

Then came the director and cast... Kelvin Tong, Ekin Cheng, Shawn Yue and Fiona Xie!! Soon after they headed to the main stage, me and Wendy rushed to take pics of them. Obviously it was crowded and we could only take pictures from a certain distance. After about 10 minutes, they headed up to the Gold Class cinema to get seated.


Me and Wendy headed up to the second level of GV Vivo... and I was super surprised to see... FELICIA??? :-O And when Fel saw Wendy, her eyes grew very wide!!! (cant tell u why). I was rather upset not to be able to take pic wif Fel, cos she had her back turned as you can see in the pic (that's Shaun next to her).

Well, at least I got the chance to take pic wif 3 shuai ges: Nat, Yuwu and Elvin... after that, myself and Wendy headed to Cinema no 12 and watched the film.


Man I tell you, it's downright eerie and frightening... I had to cover my face with the newspaper quite often, while Wendy pulled at my sleeve and shrieked!! I only found out that it was a horror film one week prior. Some scenes will send chills running down your spines... and there is an interesting twist towards the end of the film.

Unfortunately, the film falls short on character development, cos there seems to be more focus on the ongoing hunt for the wandering spirit than on the characters. On an interesting nsideote, Fiona (who plays Shawn Yue's wife) has all her scenes in the apartment where she and Shawn 'live' in, and does not share any onscreen time with Ekin at all. I rate this film 3.5 out of 5 stars... you should watch it, but only if you can tahan horror films (cos I can't, I admit I'm a wuss when it comes to watching horror flicks). Thank goodness it aint as disastrous as "Men In White".


Right the film ended, Wendy had to leave early cos her dad was gonna pick her up... I met Source outside the ticket lobby and we waited for the artistes to come out. I finally got to take picture with the beautiful Felicia after so long, but not without going weak in the knees. Thank goodness my nose didnt bleed, heh. And i also managed to get 'Judge Ironfist' 's (Thomas lah, who else) signature, though I couldnt get to take pic wif him.
So happy I was, I did the Shawn Michaels thingy again (kneel down, close eyes, raise arms high and give thanks, minus the fireworks)... then me and Source headed back to our respective homes via North-east line MRT... and yep, I sure lost a lost of sleep!!!

No comments: