Sunday, August 24, 2008

Heartstrings Walk at Esplanade Park

Happy Birthday to Vince McMahon, Dick Lee, Cameron Ng and Peiling

This is so strange... 2 nights ago I dreamt that I bumped into 3 or 4 MDC Princesses (2 of whom I'm gonna see in a few days' time) in the middle of town and got their autographs??? Then last night was even stranger... I dreamt that I met Dick Lee (!!!) and wished him Happy Birthday... I'm not making this up. Seems like my dreams have become slightly more... 'down-to-earth', if you know what I mean. :-p

Ok ok, back to the main topic. It was raining at an on-off rate for the most part of yesterday, from 12 plus till about 6 pm. I knew I should have brought along an umbrella before going out, but thankfully I found a good way to avoid the rain... go to the National Library lor. The comics on Birds of Prey, Kraven and Venom seem quite mesmerizing, but I didn't feel like borrowing any book for the time being. So I decided to go hang around at Raffles City and City Link Mall, before making my way to the Esplanade Park.

Seeing that the weather wasn't gettting any better, and that the queue for the goodie bags was overwhelming, I decided to skip the walk and take shelter at Suntec City. Indeed my prediction turned out to be correct, the rain got a lot worse by 1645 hrs, and hence the walk had to be called off halfway. I had early dinner at around that time and continued to loiter aimlessly around Suntec.



Lo and behold, I saw some Fabulous Motor exhibition at Suntec Tower 4, where the Colon Cancer Awareness Outreach event was held a week ago. The car models looked really superb, and the female models there looked... average-looking lah, not very hot but still attractive. Anyone who walked past the girls gets a free sports car magazine, full of pics of new cars and babes (wink wink). Only the girl in brown jacket and white top truly turned me on... cos she looked incredibly sweet. Reminds me of a certain Miss Q. :-p


At about 6 pm, I decided to head back to the region in front of the main stage to wait for the other Naturals. By then the rain had subsided, and the goodie bags had been used up.


I caught sight of some fairies, a giant rat (identical to the rat from "Ratatoutille"), a sunflower, and a Barney clone??? Turns out that the group (from IMH) is part of some costume competition. Turns out they won first prize for group category. They may be crazy (technical term or not), but they sure are a talented bunch!! :-)


Other winners include a group of nonyas and a group of chefs clanging on their pans and utensils.


The winner for solo category was the guy dressed as a gorilla!! Since when did King Kong 'lose so much weight'??

Jack and Rai singing 3 songs... can't remember the name of the 1st song. The other 2 songs are "Off Star" and "Fiona", which they dedicated to our very own Fiona Xie. The Chinese guy named Jack sounded like Daniel Ong and looked a lot like Tris from afar!! :-O

4 Malay gals doing some ancient dance.


A group of 8 guys from some organization beating on the Japanese drums.


Some aunties dressed up as cowgirls and doing line dance. By then, the batteries inside my digicam were going flat, and I had forgotten to bring spares. Luckily, I still got cam phone for standby.


Time is 8 pm. First artiste to sing was Tan Diya. Ha, last time I saw her was at Jurong West a few weeks ago. She sang a Chinese song (forgot name) and an 80s song titled "Together Forever".


A group of guys and gals (some of them having Down Syndrome) dressed up as cowboys and dancing to "Doo-Dah".


Next up was Nat Ho!! He sang "Love Story" (which he sang during the Heng or Huat autograph session earlier this year) and Maroon 5's "This Love".


A group of polytechnic students (6 guys and 4 gals) using sign language to Westlife's "When You're Looking Like That"!! One of my fave songs from my fave popband... loved it to bits. Some of the gals looked really fine. :-)


A group of 7 gals using sign and body laguage to Gwen Stefani's "4 In The Morning".


Daren was last to perform... he sang Richard Marx' "Right Here Waiting" and one of his tracks, "Bu Xu Li You".


After that, the Naturals went to take group picture with Nat, then we headed for the Esplanade to wait for the fireworks!! Refer to next post for pictures and videos of the fireworks ;-)

No comments: