Saturday, August 30, 2008

Trip to Science Centre, and Comex Fair

Happy Birthday to Li-Lin, Yih Charng and Rong Ming

Yesterday, I went to the Science Centre, and ended up going around for about 2 hours. And I took quite a lot of photos there. But myself being a 'merciful' guy, I will be uploading pictures of the dinosaurs here. Surely those who watched "Power Rangers Dino Thunder" will be able to identify with the different classes of dinosaurs. ;-)


Here are the different types of dinosaurs as seen in the Dinosaur Alive exhibition...

Tyrannosaurus Rex, the king of meat-eaters

Baryonyx, a crocodile-lookalike

Parasaurolophus, a Hadrosaur (duck-billed reptile with curved crest across cranium)

Stegosaurus, largest of the Stegosaurids

Allosaurus, a carnosaur from the Jurassic period

Dilophosaurus, a slender carnivore with crests on head, from Jurassic period

Amargasaurus, a prosauropod from the Triassic period

Apatosaurus, a sauropod from the Jurassic period, also known as Brontosaurus

Triceratops, a prehistoric 'rhino' from the Cretaceous period


I am a little dismayed that there is no Ankylosaurus or Pachycephalosaurus, among a few other species. But oh well, I guess it's due to tight budget... at least they featured some of the better-known carnosaurs. :-)

Having 'survived' the ordeal with the carnosaurs (most particularly the T-Rex), I went to settle my dinner at Jurong Entertainment Centre, then took a train to City Hall. Once there, I was taken aback by the overwhelming crowd at City Link Mall. I actually saw a very familiar-looking girl (a former actress) along the way, but I had to skip the chance to say hi due to the human traffic. Why should I when she's not even a very popular one? (hint: she's a certain Miss Lee, and had appeared in a box office bomb)

Still, the human traffic went all the way from City Hall to Suntec City. In fact, all the levels of the Convention Center was full packed with people, due to an ongoing Comex Fair. You know, a fair showcasing all kinds of hi-tech stuff, like PlayStations, X-Boxes, computers, printers, MP3 players, etc. A bit like Tukcom.com if you ask me.


Here are some of the booths at the place. The rest of the NATurals came at abt 7 pm.

My main purpose of going there was to see Nat Ho, at the Audio Technica booth that is. Most of the time, I was checking out the different types of headsets and listening to either Eagles songs or Michael Jackson songs (hoo hoo!!). All of us Naturals got to take picture with him. He stayed on from 1915 to 2045 hrs, and indeed more people started to recognize him along the way. A sign of good things to come, I must say. Ok, I'll let the photos do the 'talking'. :-)
I think this is the 15th time I took picture with Nat? Not counting group photos...



Whew... finally managed to finish this before 11 pm. Looks like i gotta go for the Air Force Open House!!

1 comment:

welcome tuu > Jess-lurves-foreva @ blogspot.com said...

wahhhhhhhhh.. TANAT. really envy you leh. hahaaa. 15 times lehhh !!!