Sunday, August 10, 2008

Watching a film, and going to library

Happy Birthday to Paul Burchill, Amanda and Pushya
Rest in peace, Bernie Mac.


Today was a day of mixed sorts. The sermon shared by Reverend Tay was quite ok lah, something to do with 5 reasons for preaching the Gospel (Matthew 28:19, 1 Corinthians 9:16 and 2 Corinthians 5:14). After service, me and Mum went to Heartland Mall to have lunch. By that time, it was raining very heavily. Still, I took a bus to Bugis, and braved through the rain (with umbrella, ella, ella, eh eh) to seek shelter at good ol' Bugis Junction, where I decided to watch a movie...


"Journey To The Center Of The Earth". This is a "new century" version of the Jules Verne novel of the same name. There's also a reference on the original novel, belonging to Max Anderson, brother of Trevor Anderson (Brendan Fraser) The film transposes the novel into the present day and is mostly live action, with only the landscape and creatures supplied by computer-generated graphics. Easy to follow plot, great chemistry among the 3 leads, special effects on the dinosaurs and plants are mind-blowing. Problem is, the film is too short at 80 minutes. Nevertheless, this film is quite worth the money, I give it 7.5 out of 10 stars. It helps that I get to sit next to a pretty (and rather hot) babe in the cinema. :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_Center_of_the_Earth_(2008_film)

After watching the film, I did something I hadn't done for a very long time... I went to National Library, located just behind Hotel Intercontinental. By then, the rain had already stopped, thank goodness. I couldnt find any interesting comic to borrow, so I walked out of the place 'empty-handed' (as in, I didn't borrow anything in the end). Me and Mum had prata and chicken curry for dinner.

Oh boy, I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow when I head off for my next Calefare filming session...

No comments: