Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Some thoughts on Sunday's sermon, regarding faith

Happy Birthday to The Great Khali and Nick Shen

I realized that I haven't been putting in Bible devotion for some time liao. So here goes...

Rev Peter Koh's sermon a few days ago really held a lot of depth and meaning. Topic was on faith in action. Due to lack of notebook, I had to take down the pointers all around the sermon pamphlet, and I'm trying to rearrange the notes so they can make sense. So pardon me if the notes dont sound so logical...

Jesus is the key to the solutions to many of our problems. He can fill in the emptiness within us. We need to have the faith to put what we learnt and received in that action of preaching the Word. If only the non-believers knew that Jesus is the one who can heal them and change their hearts. Therefore we must trust God for miracles to happen within our neighborhood and community.

And yet we have to go through struggles along the way. This is not uncommon, for even the Biblical heroes have gone through struggles... eg. Abraham, Moses, David, Elijah, etc. The true test of belief and faith is to see what it takes to stop us from sharing the Word. Have we allowed knowledge to rob us of the faith that is within us?

Nevertheless, we should never allow trouble to discourage us from spreading the Word of God, and we should never give up. For we are blessed not because of intelligence or strength, but because of faith.

Rev Koh issued this challenge to us... is your faith seen or hidden from the Lord? (read Mark 2:1-12)

For me personally... I would really want to let go of my hatred towards a certain someone. But since he is so unrepentant and continues to live in denial by falling in love with the desires of the world, I have decided not to be lenient with him. In fact, I don't think I'm gonna bother about him any longer. Indeed I should focus on the positive and share the Word with the ones I love, and not mingle with the rotten people who can cause great harm. But then again, God loves sinners, and even drug addicts, gangsters and the like turn over a new leaf, some of them even becoming pastors. Surely that someone (who has an extremely rotten soul) deserves a second chance, should he realize his own human flaws? I can never be too sure on that... i can only feel bad for such an arrogant, attention-seeking soul such as he. :-/

My entire family rejoiced when my aunt (who's currently in her 80s) accepted God into her life some 5 years ago, after living most of her life as a Taoist. But as I thought about this, I also thought of another fact... 7 years ago, my 'first' grandma (or A-Ma) died at the ripe age of 101, without ever knowing the Lord, mostly due to senile dementia and her own stubbornness. Ditto to my natural grandma who passed away nearly 2 decades ago, and my grandpa, who died way back when my mum had barely started schooling. In accordance to A-Ma, what's the use of having a long life when you don't even want to accept Jesus into your life?

It's more on freedom of choice... we can choose to let God into our hearts, or we can continue to dwell deeper into darkness and lose our souls to the Devil.

3 comments:

welcome tuu > Jess-lurves-foreva @ blogspot.com said...

Hello Tanat. I am Jessica. Also a Mediacorp lover. Bet you are too! May i be friend with you ? You must have see my name before on tagboxes bah ? 'Jess*' hahaa. How you know so much about mediacorp stuffs ? Nice lorhs. hahaa. my blog is www.jess-lurves-foreva.blogspot.com feel free to tag me !!~ Byesx3

TaNaT DaMaN said...

Hehe I see... nice to meet you. And many thanks for visitng my blog, it's been a while since someone left a comment here. I see from your Friendster profile that you like Jesseca n Felicia. I presume u know abt the RSAF Air Force Open House at Paya Lebar Air Base? U may want to go see Jess this Saturday afternoon if you're free... ;-)

welcome tuu > Jess-lurves-foreva @ blogspot.com said...

Hello. I hope that i can go too =))
You should be going too bah ?!
Hahah. You must have see all the 7-princesses before le (: You are friends with them mah ? hahaa. Hope i can go (: Nice to meet you too !!~