Friday, August 22, 2008

Poor Jade doesn't deserve this :-(

Happy Birthday to Jason Ling and Giselle



Netizens have been up in arms about an alleged flub made by former Miss Singapore Universe contestant-cum-Mediacorp artiste Jade Seah on Today in Beijing.

During a live telecast of the show on Aug 13, the 25-year-old MediaCorp artiste was alleged to have uttered an expletive after incorrectly pronouncing an athlete’s name.

When contacted by Chinese newspaper Lianhe Wanbao last Friday, MediaCorp’s Artiste Management Division confirmed that there was no slip-up.

Further investigation into the matter has revealed that an expletive was indeed uttered off-air.

In a statement released by Channel 5 yesterday, Jade admitted that she may have “inadvertently expressed [her] frustrations audibly” due to nerves.

Said Jade: “TODAY IN BEIJING is my first major sports show and I am putting in every effort to give of my best to the viewers, every night.”

Explaining the fluff, Jade said: “In a live show, things do not always go clockwork. In overcoming the jitters of a live telecast, I may have inadvertently expressed my frustrations audibly. However, it is never my intention to cause any grief or controversy.”

“I sincerely hope the viewers will give me a chance to improve myself. To me, this is an invaluable learning experience which I will cherish for a long time,” she added.

No go, then, to the vociferous calls from some netizens for Jade to be ousted from the show. She will continute to host the show alongside Mark Richmond for the next few days.

Responding perhaps to ongoing criticism of the choice to have Jade Seah on Today in Beijing alongside veteran Olympics presenter Mark Richmond, Channel 5 explained that she “was chosen as the female presenter of Today in Beijing due to her sporty and outgoing personality … she brings to her delivery a fresh appeal.”

Channel 5 “deeply regrets the unintended leakage of the off-air expletive” and assures that “measures have been put in place to prevent future occurrences from happening.”


Jade being slammed again, haiz. Imagine my surprise when I saw her face on the full front page of yesterday's edition of The New Paper. This certainly isn't the first time she's been slammed for her lacklustre hosting. She had it much worse when she was hosting "The Dance Floor" alongside the more experienced Glenn Ong and Flying Dutchman, in the first quarter of last year. I personally thought that she's been showing vast improvement for this show, as well as her hosting stint alongside Michelle Chong in 2 seasons of "Sweets For My Sweet".


Regarding Jade's accidental uttering of the f-word, I believe that it was a slip of her tongue, purely unintentional. I know because I recently had a 'slip off the tongue' case, and I caused a rising actress to be hurt, and consequently put more hurt onto myself. Only difference was, I used a b-word, and it is NOT the word for female dog!! If you really wanna find out more on that incident... please refer to the April 29th entry. I myself am not ashamed to bring that up again, cos that taught me an invaluable yet painful lesson on watching what I say. And that taught me to be more caring and understanding towards others. And MKP, I wanna say again that I already apologised to Felicia long time back, so shut up and move on with your filthy life will ya!!

Who would know then that such a small thing like a tongue can cause an epidemic whenever we say the wrong things? Well, I guess this incident reagrding Jade happened at just the right time cos a few weeks ago, I had written a post on how deadly the tongue can be, dated 18th July.


Back to Jade... I personally feel that we should all give her a chance to improve herself, she's still human after all, it's natural to err. Even the most experienced actor or actress (eg Huang Wenyong) is bound to make mistakes, right? It's not uncommon to spew vulgarities; don't the movie stars do that in some films?? Don't some singers like Eminem spew out the f-word often in their songs?? It's not as if Jade insulted anyone's parents or gossiped about anyone in general... heck, she didn't even cause a controversy like what Sharon Stone did a few months ago, with the latter's 'karmic response' on the Sichuan earthquake. I am also encouraging those who may not like Jade to just give her a chance and stop flaming her.


Jade, if you ever get to read this, I just wanna say that I have faith in you, and even though you may not really be one of my top fave artistes, you nevertheless have my support always. So don't you worry about a thing, ya? I will pray for you, that everything is well with you. Keep the faith!! ;-)
P.S. I still find a little hard to believe that you're 2 weeks older than me, but that should be ok, heh :-p

No comments: