Thursday, November 20, 2008

Expected Reaction

Happy Birthday to Chew Chor Meng, Grace Tan and Peiyun Finally after more than 5 years of waiting, Rui En's 2nd album has officially been launched... I'm definitely gonna buy it later :-) Once again, I feel I had to get this off my chest... this time it's quite personal. If you think this entry is rather controversial, I suggest you leave right now. Last night I decided to tell  the truth that I took leave from work to attend the filming at Chijmes for "By My Side" in mid Sept. And I was right that she would eventually start nagging, saying that "I should stick to my priorities", that "I shouldn't take leave to attend such stuff", blah blah blah. Wah lau, it's not as if I take leave to 'go for acting all the time' damnit!! It was only ONCE, not one hundred times!!! Had I told her earlier, it is highly likely that she would give me a tongue lashing for hours. Had I kept silent any longer and waited til next Monday, I'm quite sure she would bombard me with more complicating questions the moment she sees my face on TV next Monday. Either way I do it, the response isn't going to be anywhere near positive. Sooner or later M would still find out, that's why I had to tell her last night, since I knew too well that I cannot hide the truth from her forever. And given her rather unenthusiastic response (which I expected btw), the most I could do is control my anger and try very hard to prevent myself from going into a berserker rage like Wolverine, or becoming as violent as The Hulk. Even now I'm still feeling a little embittered. :-( If it were someone else (eg Mr Hao Lian) pissing me off greatly, I might have gone extreme by busting his/her head wide open with a steel chair, or giving him/her an RKO, or stuff like that. But even so, I feel my mother has absolutely no right to 'tell me what I shouldn't do'. I admit I can be quite a rebel at times, but I wanna make it clear that I'm nowhere as self-obsessed or starstruck as my 'worst enemy', bragging all week about acting, taking a million pictures of his own fugly face every week and having extremely venomous thoughts towards some of his fave artistes. I have my own life to live, and my own future to worry about. It was MY CHOICE to be an extra for at least a few times, not as if I'm gonna do it 'for the sake of getting attention' or what!! Sometimes you need to take a break from your daily routine and do something slightly different... Still I'm glad that I chose to tell the truth now, though I could have done it a little earlier. Funny thing is, how come M took it easy when I told her I got selected to be part of "Calefare", but frowned and showed disapproval when I told her abt acting at Chijmes? M got a slight problem with Elvin and Rui En, I think. But I don't blame her, given her rather sensitive character and disdain towards certain things. Some people are rather difficult to comprehend... haiz. :-/ 
Ok ok, enough complaining! I better focus on looking forward to this weekend. I won't let anything or anyone affect my mood so easily...

No comments: