Monday, November 24, 2008

Happenings before and after Anniversary Gala

Happy Birthday to Beth Phoenix and Ivan

Hello everyone, I'm back from a job interview in the morning. My mind is still in a whirl, I guess I'll have to talk abt what I did before joining the queue for the Anniversary Gala, and after that...

I reached Mediacorp a bit late at abt 4.40 pm, and went to the toilet to wash up a bit... to think that the first person to enter the toilet when I was abt to exit is that... that... JACKASS!!! And I know he was staring at me with disdain and hatred in his eyes, so I returned him none. I did see him behave weirdly later on whilst chatting with others at the parking lot, and thinking he's so damn famous. From the last time I saw him at Bugis, I can already see him becoming weirder and more psychotic this time round. Damn qian bian lor, this MKP... he left me no choice but to create a new PPV event involving him going on various matches against different WWE Superstars. No prizes for guessing who's the loser for all the matches... (evil smirk)


Anyway, I got to tha parking lot and had some curry puffs for early dinner. Other than the Naturals whom I'm quite familiar with, I did see the RBKD fans, the Felicians, the Jolliteers, the Yuwu Paradise fc, the Jeanius fc... eh ehhh wait!! I noticed Willie and Amir among the Jeanius fans!! I somewhow expected them to be going for it, haha. :-p


6.30 pm- finally, the doors to the balcony region were opened, and we headed to the place. We were seated somewhere at the right section of the upper gallery (refer to diagram). Of all the 7 Princesses' fanclubs present, there was one fanclub noticeably absent... Fiona's fc. From what I heard recently, it was 'close to dying' due to certain circumstances.


7 pm- Anniversary Gala begins!! Lot of whistling, screaming and laughing till our throats went hoarse. Full details in next post.

10 pm- End of event. Evereyone had to leave the upper gallery as quickly as possible. Some of the fanclubs waited at the reception while others went to get changed. I saw MKP behave in his usual arrogant and flashy type of flair on the way to RG. I could have changed out of the red t-shirt into a dark blue t-shirt, but decided to continue wearing red t-shirt (cos I may look like a phantom if I wore dark colors, and I may sweat even more).


10.15 pm- we all headed to RG. In typical Wolverine-like rage, I dashed forward rather quickly to see who was in the lit-up car... it was Nick Shen. I managed to chat with him a little before heading to RG.


10.17 pm- Rui En drove out, and she went out of her car (a new one btw) to take pics with her fans as well as assorted fans. Myself included obviously. RE stayed for rather long.

10.25 pm- Elvin drove out of RG without stopping!! We later found out that he failed to notice any of us given the very dark skies, and hence thought all the elves had already gone home.


10.28 pm- Saw 2 very familiar looking faces being surrounded by fans at RG. I went forth and found out that it was none other than Jesseca and Jade!! Double Happiness I must say, muahaha. I asked Jess if her pet cats were doing ok, and blushed a little after taking pic with Jade. And Baoguang was still using that very outdated film roll camera. Oh pleasssse, film roll cameras are soooo passe lor. Better save money to buy a digital camera for goodness sake, Baoguang.


10.32 pm- Joanne came out. I managed to get her signature on an 8 days issue featuring her in F1 jacket and dress. That abomination came forth saying, "Hi Joanne!! Long time no see you already" and I was going, "Whatever, you dickhead". Whilst on my way to Nat's side, I waved goobdye to Pat Mok whom I had not chatted with for ages.


10.35 pm- Took group pic with Nat, then individual pic with him. Nat's car was parked right in front of his 'sister' 's car (Rui En lah, who else).


10.40 pm- Huang Shinan and Pan Lingling came out, I didn't take pic with them, but I did get Lingling's autograph on an i-weekly issue. Me and Ryan agreed to leave RG after seeing Felicia.

10.45 pm- Nat left, followed by Rui En soon after. Various artistes came out... Paige Chua, Dennis Chew and Jeanette Aw. If I had been a little braver, I could've gone forth to see Jeanette, but I didn't cos she's the only princess I'm not too familiar with (and you know I don't have 'international tendencies' even though Im a member of abt 5 to 6 different fanclubs). I still found her a bit fierce somewhat in spite of her petite size. Hui Si very cute, she asked me if the girl near the shelter was really Jeanette, and when I said it really is her, she thanked me and quickly rushed forward to take pic with her. After that, I went on to pinch Hui Si's cheeks! As well as Jerena's later on... :-p


10.55 pm- Feeling rather bored, I decided to play a bit of WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007... starting a one-on-one brawl between Mr Kiam Pa and the Animal Batista!! Muahaha... :-D

11.10 pm- Felicia finally came. The response was just about as big as that for RBKD earlier on. It was at that time that I got to chat a bit with Ice and Darren. Dawn's van drove out at that time, and very few people noticed. Could have been good if I got to take pic with all 4 Beach Ball Babes... but then again, taking pic with 3 out of 4 BBBs in one night isn't so bad, I feel.


11.25 pm- I purposely let myself be among the last to take pic with the ever sweet and beautiful Fel. Dunno why I look a little shorter than her... could be either she's wearing high heels, or my legs had 'become jelly'. She was quite surprised to see me with a cam phone and not a digicam, and I had to explain to her that my digicam got spoilt earlier on. But I actually see it more of a blessing cos the flash function for the digicam had gone AWOL yet again.


11.27 pm- Ryan and I then went on to take pic with Belinda Lee, the very last artiste for the night. She confirmed with the few fans that everyone else had left the place. If not for the stupid light behind, this could have been a perfect picture. But doesnt matter really...

11.30 pm- We all bade farewell to Fel, and as the fans were leaving, I flipped double fingers at MKP and yelled out, "MKP, YOU SUCK!!!" He so does not deserve to be called by his full name. I was glad I held back my punches and refrained from getting into direct conflict with him, otherwise the situation could turn out a lot worse. Next time round maybe, when my bottle is more full. Ryan and I shared cab with Kaileng and Pamela, dropping off at respective destinations... chatting abt random stuff from fanclubs to abominations and the like.

12.20 am- Reached home safely, but only after buying a burger and a drink from 7-Eleven to fill my growling stomach. And I lost some sleep due to the sorethroat I got during the show...

1 comment:

JILL:) said...

hi tanat. this is rubnose. thanks for your reply to my question. & its cool to be able to see fav artistes at mediacorp, as well as to get their autographs. hope i get to see them one day too:) thanks .