Sunday, November 16, 2008

Recce around Bookfest

Happy Birthday to Maggie Gyllenhaal, Liao Zhiwei and Lucinda

Morning service as usual, something to do with going through struggles and resisting the temptations of the world. Then Mother, Bro and I chatted with some church friends for a while before heading to Heartland Mall to have our lunch. I went up to buy a Cyber Sunday disc, and happened to bump into Grace Tye, who was gonna meet a few friends at the same place.

Then I went to Suntec Convention Center via train and bus... entering the Bookfest for the first time. It was there that I saw Nick Shen play host for the activities there, flying like Superman during a storytelling session and going around asking questions linked to theme songs to cartoons. There was also a magic performance by a local magician named Kiki Tan, and an autograph session by celebrity cartoonist Eistein Kristiansen. Not only were there Doraemon comics selling at cheap prices, there was also an astonishing range of Marvel comics at the English book section! Ok, looks like I'll have to scrap my plans of 'publicizing' my own creation then... but I'll definitely be coming back to Popular Bookfest for a few more times. ;-)

After some time, I decided to take a bus back home, and it was at home that I did the usual Net sessions, watch the Fantastic Four film on TV and Cyber Sunday in the PC rom-drive. I don't think I'm gonna upload any pictures taken earlier... esp since I sense a 'disturbance in the Force' in regards to what may transpire come Sat or Sun... :-/

No comments: