Sunday, November 09, 2008

Breathe event at Padang: the details

Happy Birthday to...
8th Nov- Tim Blake Nelson, Ted DiBiase Jr and Randy Wong
9th Nov- Chris Jericho and Janson Tay

My apologies for the slight delay again. The Internet connection in the house computer had been down for some time due to unknwon reasons, so the most I can do is write down the entries in draft format via MS Word. So I can only go about saying what happened at the Breathe event at the Padang on Friday afternoon first... pictures to come in next post.

Not much was done in the morning besides lunch of cabonara pasta. I left the house at around noon time and went to the Internet café at Bras Basah Complex for some Internet time. I was close to buying a raunchy type of desk calendar (one with pictures of Asian babes clad in bikinis!), but thankfully I resisted doing so. Guilty pleasures are so not worth the buy.

Anyway, I went to the Padang to ‘chope’ some space at abt 4 pm. Other than the few Naturals who were able to make it for the event, I saw a few more familiar faces there as well... one of them being Terence.

1615 to 1620 hrs- Healthy Food Race Cheering Competition done by various secondary school kids

1625 to 1630 hrs- Cheerleading Performance by KR Steppers... lots of hot babes! I like...

1635 to 1700 hrs- Short break... focusing on Healthy Food Race competitors at various sectors

1700 hrs- Freestyle soccer performance by Abbas Farid... truly mind-blowing!

1710 to 1720 hrs- Nat Ho singing Evanescence’s “Bring Me To Life” and Maroon 5’s “This Love”. I find it kinda strange for Nat to be singing a song originally sung by a woman.

1720 to 1735 hrs- Capoeira Demonstration

1740 to 1755 hrs- Nat Ho goes out to try various game stations

1805 to 1810 hrs- Pravin Salvi with Tribal Band performance

1810 hrs- Nat left the place after a few autographs and group photos.

1810 to 1845 hrs- After parting ways with the Naturals, myself and Terence headed to Funan Center to have dinner at Subway.

1850 hrs-
Headed back to Padang, which now has much more people than earlier on. The Breathe Campaign was officially launched with several people in white dancing. Oh yes, I finally saw the Prime Minister in person once more! Last time I saw Mr Lee Hsien Loong was probably 5 to 6 years ago. Also present among the VIPs were MediaCorp CEO Mr Errol Pang and the Minister of Health Mr Khaw Boon Wan (whom I last saw at Suntec in mid August). Quite fun to see them dance along. They left the place at around 1905 hrs.

1900 to 1920 hrs- Zumba Craze dance by 5 people from California Fitness.

1920 to 1925 hrs- Stunt performance by some skateboardists and mountain bikers from some unknown youth organization.

1925 to 1945 hrs- Nearly the whole crowd started chanting “Fiona Xie! Fiona Xie!” and indeed the bubbly Princess got on stage! She went to try out the hula hoop and the car racing stations.

2000 to 2005 hrs- Some dance performance by Fresh Elements

2010 hrs- Fiona left the place by van after a few autographs and photos. I couldn’t take picture with her, but that’s alright. At least I got her autograph on a rather old article of her (from 7 years ago).

2015 hrs- I managed to catch Bus 51 and reach home safely. So much for running...


Pictures to be uploaded in upcoming post...

P.S. I still hate traffic-minded bloggers in case you're wondering. If you smell what I'm cooking.

No comments: