Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rui En featured on 8 days


Happy Birthday to Michelle McCool and Ying Tian

Have you gotten your copy of 8 days yet? It's a must-buy not just for fans/supporters of Rui En, but also for every Facebook member in Singapore. I am not shy to admit that I seriously prefer Facebook much more than Friendster. :-p

Still I feel I have to admit something... it was a rather tough decision for me to leave the RBKD fanclub in June early this year. I felt it would be better if I discontinue my status as an official fan (without any regrets whatsoever), due to circumstances beyond my control. Let's just say I didn't quite fit in the group filling up with newer fans, and I don't exactly share the scame point of view as them (and I know there are a few others who felt the same way as I do). But even if I am no longer part of the fanclub, it doesn't necessarily mean 'the end'. I still consider Rui En as a friend and will continue to do so. I must admit that I am still not so used to the new concept of the all-new fanclub, TBR (The Black Renaissance). Hence my decision not to rejoin... I hope you understand.

Back then during NS, I would sometimes go yakking to my army friends about how long I had known Rui En, and how I used to have a crush on her when I was younger (really!!). It certainly helps that some of the other army friends liked Rui En as well (during an era when Felicia and Joanne weren't so 'hong' yet). But then I realized bragging about my so-called achievements just wouldn't feel right at all; doing such things would make me no different from any attention seeker or crazed fan. I'm glad I realized my mistake in time and changed myself for the better before my 'obsession' took control of me... who knows I could have ended up like that despicable freak known as MKP!! I realized that many things in life point to appreciating myself as well as the people around me, not just chasing stars, buying lots of stuff and the like.


Looking forward to the launch of Rui En's sophomore album this week... :-)

No comments: