Saturday, February 21, 2009

Career Fair at Bedok, and first time take pic with "The Queen"!

Happy Birthday to Joyce and Jess

I played a bit of "Quest For Glory 2" in the morning, left the house a few minutes before 12 to go for some Career Fair at Bedok Central...


man I tell you, the place was rather crowded with people, moreover it was frigging hawt (as in the weather). I did make applications for abt 3 to 4 different places (mostly admin duties), and I did spot a rather sweet-looking girl (a bit skinny, but what the heck, I like her all the same) hosting the event. Her voice sounded like Jean Danker, and she bore some resemblance to Rebecca Lim. I couldn't resist taking a few secret shots of her... :-p


Oh yes, I saw this bus at the Bedok Interchange region... I had a good look at the girl's picture on the bus, and found it very familiar!! Turns out that the girl in the "Save The Environment" commercials turned out to be... RACHAEL CHANG HUI SHI!!! :-O



Anyway, I left Bedok after spending about 30 to 40 minutes there, and took a loooong bus ride from Bedok to City Hall region... by the time I reached there, it was raining rather heavily. First thing i did was have a quick lunch at Subway, I hadn't eaten anything since I left the house. My main purpose of going to Raffles City was to try 'catching' at least one of the 2 mum celebs involved in some parenting session at the Stamford Ballroom... Ivy Lee or Zoe Tay. Turned out that Ivy appeared in the first half of the event, and then she left at 3 plus, just when I was on my way up. Bummer!! So I waited around the 4th level, and I made some new friends with a few Zoe fc members.


At 5 plus, Zoe appeared at the refreshment area, signing posters and booklets. Then she went inside the ballroom for group pictures with some mothers. She soon came out and took pic with us fans (well ok, I'm not exactly a diehard fan, but I don't deny the fact that I like Zoe). And yep, this is really the very first time I took pic with the Ah Jie of Caldecott Hill!! :-)

After Zoe left the place in her unique-looking Audi car (she is heading for filming of "The Ultimatum"), the few of us went our separate ways. I had dinner at Bugis Junction, then took another long bus ride back home.

Yes, I was quite aware that there were several events at different locations in regards to Rachel Liang, Rainie Yang, Jiro, S.H.E. and so on... but I didn't go for any of them. I was never into chasing Hongkong or Taiwanese stars for the record... and also bcos I don't really like going for events that are guaranteed to attract a massive crowd (save for the Little Nyonya event at Compass Point, that was totally unexpected and overwhleming).

No comments: