Monday, February 23, 2009

Missed out an event, and Academy Award wins

Happy Birthday to Zheng Fang and Dira

Man, I can't believe I missed out on a great event yesterday... JC Sum and Magic Babe Ning made an appearance at Suntec Convention Hall No 601 (during SA tours) at two different timings...1530 hrs and 1630 hrs!! I learnt about it only after Terence had called me to inform me about it... at that time, I was already at home!!! Dohhh... that goes to show that I should have visited the Magic Boutique site more often!!!

Then again... I shouldn't even despair for too long, cos I'm still gonna see them this coming Saturday, for 6 hours at that. Ok, enough of the head-slapping.

I happened to find these Wikipedia links on the magic duo...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J_C_Sum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Babe_Ning

Also, congrats to the following individuals for their Oscar Academy Award wins...
- Sean Penn for Best Actor win (Milk)
- Kate Winslet for Best Actress win (The Reader)
- Heath Ledger for (posthumous) Best Supporting Actor win (The Dark Knight)
- Penelope Cruz for Best Supporting Actress win (Vicky Cristina Barcelona)

Slumdog Millionaire dominated this year's Academy Awards with 8 wins, including Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Musical Score and Best Picture. I think I may be watching this film one of these days this week... :-)

Oh yes, I nearly forgot to mention that today is your last chance to vote for your favorite hunk or babe from Hey Gorgeous season 3 (which isn't creating much buzz due to the 2-minute episodes every Monday evening, before Campus Superstar season 3)... here's the link to cast your votes... http://heygorgeous.mediacorptv.sg/contestants.htm

No comments: