Friday, February 06, 2009

My thoughts on Athlete of The Year and abominations

I don't have anything against Tao Li winning the Straits Times' Athlete Of The Year, but I personally felt that someone else could have won it (maybe Yap Pin Xiu?). Still I felt it's a worthy achievement for someone who had set a new record in the Beijing Olympics by being the first Singaporean to make it to the 100 m butterfly stroke finals (even though she didn't get to win any of the top 3). Ok lah, I do admit she makes a good role model to the young aspiring sportsmen an sportswomen of today (just hope she doesn't do anything foolish like smoke marijuana, as Michaels Phelps did recently).

Another thing I know for sure is that her retarded, despicable cousin MKP would have one more thing to cheer about. The more that idiot yaks and brags about his so-called achievements and his time as PA (Produation Assistant) in his forbidden domain (aka his BLOG), the more I feel like smacking him hard on the face and then giving him a vicious punt kick to the skull. 'Nuff said.

To be brutally honest, I can be quite cynical, I personally don't believe that the most rotten soul deserves a second chance to change for the better. That is partly the reason why I like vigilante-type characters like Batman, Two-Face, Daredevil and even The Punisher.

No comments: