Sunday, February 15, 2009

What I did on Valentine's Day (and the day after that)

Happy Birthday to...
14th Feb: Tommy Dreamer, Elis, Abel
15th Feb: Carol, Cindy and Val
Happy Valentine's Day

Although I am a rather sentimental person by nature, I treat the 14th of Feburary with little special privilege. Not because of my single status, but because I feel that any day can be V-Day (I'm sure some of you will agree with me). Pictures to be uploaded in a separate post... ;-)

Yesterday
I went out at 12 plus, with the intention of going to Tampines Mall to watch some Love Matters event. But upon reading the time listings in the Straits Times, I decided to go to Jurong Point at the last minute. Indeed my decision to go to Tampines Mall came as a 'sort of blessing' cos there happened to be a Valentine Romance pageant finals involving 5 different couples, and even better, one of the judges turned out to be Genecia!! The other 2 judges were also gorgeous in their own way... Veriza Yew got great curves and sexy lips, whereas Danielle Lim is sweet-looking, but very skinny. I managed to have a chat with Genecia for a while after the show ended at 4 plus, and we wished each other Happy Valentine's Day.

I then went upstairs to aoid being trapped in the overwhelming crowd at the 1st floor waiting for JJ Lin event to start... I met up with Terence at the 3rd level and we had our early dinner at the Kopitiam outlet located opposite Golden Village cinema. We saw some cast members of Love Matters having early dinner there as well... we managed to take picture with Alex Leong before they headed into the cinema to promote the film with the fans inside. I left JP minutes before JJ Lin mae his arrival, taking a long train ride from Boon Lay to Outram Park.

Then I took a train to Kovan with Naomi... we went to Living Sanctuary Church (located just next to my place!!) to attend some "Light Of Love" special involving Jacelyn Tay. To my surpris, there were still a number of empty seats by the time we reached the auditorium, so we managed to find a good spot at the right side of the place. There was some acting segment involved at the start of the show, depicting the events that happened in the years when she became a bankrupt and when she was about to explore the Christian faith. Then came an interview segment where Jace talked about her personal encounters that happened when she was about to get baptized, and how her mother was saved from certain death several times (and eventually accepted Jesus as her Saviour).

The event ended at 9 pm, and we went down to have some refreshments alongside Terence and Desmond. Jace came up on stage to give away some prizes to lucky winners via lucky draw, and after mingling with a few menior citizens for a while, some muscular dude drove her out of the place. After bading Noami farewell, I walked back home and had a good night's rest (even though I had slept rather late). :-)

Today
Me and family went for morning service in church, the sermon was on Joshua Chapter 7, in regards to a certain disgraceful incident that happened after the fall of Jericho. We then went to Suntec and had lunch there. I stayed around fr a while to watch some performance at the Total Defence roadshow which took place at the Tropics Atrium region, then took a bus to Orchard Road, hanging around Paragon for a while. Somehow it turned out I was probably the earliest of the Naturals to reach Park Hotel Orchard (where we were gonna have some KTV gathering)... the main ics came at around that time. From 2 to 3 plus, there were about 6 of us (myself, Michelle, Shu Yi, Calista, Joyce and Joanne) Naturals reserving the place... we were later joined by 4 more (Fiona, Cravies, Ryan and Da Xiong). We sang to our hearts' delight for about 4 hours... we also held an advanced birthday celebration for Joyce (her birthday is this coming Sat).

After the session ended, 8 of us (minus Ryan and DX, who left halfway and would rejoin us for dinner later; Calista had left halfway) went to Heerens to meet up with Irene... and I was very surprised to see a familiar-looking gal there (I can only say that she used to be part of Singapore Idol season 2, and her initials are MJL). The 10 of us had dinner at the basement level of Orchard Cineleisure, then after that we went our separate ways. I reached home at about 8.30 pm... and yep, I'm blogging right now :-)

No comments: