Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Star Awards 2009 nomination list is out!

Happy Birthday to Li Hong and Le Yao

The nomination list for Star Awards 2009 is out! It shouldn't come as any surprise that "The Little Nyonya" got the most number of nominations. You may have noticed that there are six nominees for each category this time round, unlike previous years' Star Awards which had 5 per category.

Best Drama Nominee
小娘惹 The Little Nyonya
黄金路 The Golden Path
一房半厅一水缸 Just In Singapore
不凡的爱 By My Side
一切完美 Perfect Cut
心花朵朵开1 Love Blossoms 1

My prediction: High chance Little Nyonya might win lor. But I'm placing some bets on 'dark horse' "By My Side".

Best Actor Nominees
Qi Yu Wu (The Little Nyonya)
Pierre Png (The Little Nyonya)
Chen Hanwei (By My Side)
Huang Wenyong (Just In Singapore)
Tay Ping Hui (The Golden Path)
Adrian Pang (Nanny Daddy)


Eh, Zheng Geping not in list??? :-O

My prediction: I am torn between Hanwei and Ping Hui. Adrian Pang quite good also.

Best Actress Nominees
Chen Liping (The Golden Path)
Jeanette Aw (The Little Nyonya)
Joanne Peh (The Little Nyonya)
Chen Liping (Just In Singapore)
Fann Wong (The Defining Moment)
Felicia Chin (The Golden Path)


Arghhh, no Zoe or Rui En??? Also, Best Actress winners Ivy and Yvonne were denied here. Chen Liping nominated TWICE??? KELONGGG!!!! :-(

My prediction: Ok, I am not gonna show any favoritism here (since 2 of my main faves are inside), so this is my honest opinion... either Chen Liping (for Golden Path) or Jeanette might win. 'Nuff said. Comments on dissent or hatred are not to be tolerated here. I beg you readers not to make this another Zoe vs Fann comment feed, as seen in Paul Chan's BaGua TV blog...

Best Supporting Actor Nominees
Darren Lim
Yao Wen Long
Zzen Zhang (The Little Nyonya)
Dai Yang Tian
Chew Chor Meng (The Golden Path)
Zhu Hou Ren (The Defining Moment)


Huh, DYT in this category when he's only a newcomer??? I'm surprised!!

My prediction: Most probably Zzen might win.. his portrayal as the abominable and despicable Robert Zhang was truly unforgeetable at most. But then again, Darren is another strong contender.

Best Supporting Actress Nominees
Lin Mei Jiao (The Little Nyonya)
Ng Hui (The Little Nyonya)
Eelyn Kok (The Little Nyonya)
Xiang Yun (The Little Nyonya)

Li Yin Zhu (Little Nyonya)
Cai Pei Xuan (The Golden Path)



WHOAAA, most of them from Little Nyonya??? :-O

My prediction: very tough here... either Eelyn or Lin Mei Jiao. I could've betted for Xiang Yun too, but she seemed a bit too submissive here...

Best Newcomer
Dai Yang Tian
Andie Chen
Jerry Yeo
Paige Chua
Koh Yah Hwee
Zhang Zhenhuan

My prediction: most likely Dai Yang Tian, or maybe Andie Chen. :-)

Best Drama Theme Song
《小娘惹 The Little Nyonya》 如燕 by Olivia Ong
《黄金路 The Golden Path》 路 by Mi Lu Bing
《一切完美 Perfect Cut》 我知道我变漂亮了 by Chew Sin Huey
《心花朵朵开1 Love Blossom 1》 心花朵朵开 by Cavin Soh
《一房半厅一水缸 Just In Singapore》 屋檐 (forgot who, paiseh)
《叮当神探 Crime Buster X2》 幻听 by Daren Tan

My prediction: Ru Yan by Olivia Ong, duhh.

Young Talent Award Nominees
《The Little Nyonya》 小月娘
《By My Side》 陈甜甜 (Vina Lim)
《La Femme》 黄家轩
《Just In Singapore》 伟杰
《Love Blossom 1》 霏霏
《天堂鸟 Live Again》 杜心彤

My prediction: either Little Yueniang or Tiantian from "By My Side" will win. I not too familiar with some of the other nominees though...

Best Variety Programme
《心晴大动员 Life Transformers》
《抢摊大行动 Buzzing Cashier》
《至尊厨王2 Star Chef 2》
《SMART省钱王2 King of Thrift 2》
《艺点心思 CelebriTea Break》
《非常SUPERBAND》

Best Variety Special
《红星大奖之戏剧情牵25 Star Awards - 25th Drama Anniversary》
《让爱川流不息 The Sichuan Earthquake Charity Show》
《45载光芒8方贺台庆 The Anniversary Gala 2008》
《S-POP万岁!音乐大典 S-Pop Hurray! Music Gala》
《才华横溢出新秀2007总决赛 Star Search 2007 Final》
《非常SUPERBAND - 大决战 Grand Finals》

Best Variety Show Host
Christopher Lee (Life Transformers)
Quan Yi Feng (Life Transformers)
Guo Liang (CelebriTea Break)
Kym Ng (Buzzing Cashier)
Lee Teng (On The Beat 3)
Marcus Chin (Golden Age Talentime 2008)


(What, no Bryan Wong???)

Best News/CA Presenter
Helen Cheung
Tung Soo Hua
Ng Siew Leng
Zhao Wen Bei
Lim Chi Yuan
Wang Zheng

Best Info-Ed Programme Host
Belinda Lee (Find Me A Singaporean 2)
Dasmond Koh
Guo Liang
Belinda Lee (Come Dance With Me)
Chua Lee Lian
Lim Pei Fen

(Belinda is also nominated twice for this category...)

The Winners of the Highest Award…
Highest Rated Drama-The Little Nyonya

Highest Rated Variety Programme- Life Transformers
All Time Favorite Artiste Award goes to Huang Bi Ren, having won 10 wins for Top 10 Most Popular Artiste category between 1997 to 2007.

Telecast on MediaCorp TV Channel 8
Star Awards 2009:
Sunday 26 April, 7pm ‘live’
Telecast on MediaCorp TV Channel U
Post Show Party:
Sunday, 26 April, 10pm ‘live’

Note that I predicted for only some of the categories, mostly cos I don't really watch varierty shows.


Link: http://mediacorptv.sg/en/buzzdetail/EDC090224-0000006

I personally hate it when anyone in general insult any of the younger celebs (dare to say that they suck??? WTH, I have no comment at all), most particularly some of the seven Princesses. And I am even more disgusted by the fact that anyone in particular accuse me of "showing favoritism" towards any of my fave artistes!!! You really do not wanna do that... don't make me give you a vicious punt kick to the head.


And to any detractor out there (esp those who flooded Paul Chan's blog) who wants to condemn any of the artistes or fans yet again, I would just like to tll you to please SHUT THE HELL UP!!!


1 comment:

bitter kisses said...

hello i hope vina lim would win : )