Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First time watching CSS live

Happy Birthday to Olivia and Jun Jing Yesterday I went to watch Campus Superstar live recording at the MediaCorp theater for very first time. The reasons... 1) most obvious, to see Felicia again, heh 2) to get the feel of the theater (really!), 3) see the finalists in action of course. First and foremost, I went to Heartland Mall to have rather late lunch, and then go for haircut... before going back home, I bought some flowers from a Christian bookstore. A heavy downpour came at 4 plus, so I stayed at home and waited til the rain stopped. Left the house at 5 plus and no thanks to the rather heavy traffic, I reached MediaCorp at about 1845 hrs, but not before playing with the grey-colored kitty having its dinner by the pavement. I met up with Terence and Shanwei at the foyer, teased Hui Si a little while waiting for Delphine to arrive and pass us the tickets for the show. We saw Peter Chan (one of the judges for CSS), Keely Wee and Joanna Teo at the corridor to the reception. We entered the theater at about 1920 hrs, and yeah it sure was noisy with the schoolmates for the 4 finalists screaming their lungs out and cheering for them. And New Yi Qing was the wubbie, leading the audience into maing lots of noise... Terence, Shanwei and myself sat next to the 2 xiao mei meis Jamie and Wendy, within the Rachael Chang Hui Shi fanclub sector. Before the show began, a few fans (myself included) got autographs from Ai Jia and Adrian, who were taking a seat somewhere near the Hui Shi fanclub. Because photography is prohibited during recording, I have decided to put in photos which I took at Far East Plaza a few weeks ago, just so everyone will know the looks for each contestant. A fair and clear warning to anyone out there... although there is no watermark in any of these pics, stealing of pictures taken by myself (even those uploaded in Facebook) without permission will not be tolerated!!! Hui Shi was the first to perform... she seemed a bit off-pitch, she got a rather dismal score of 23.5 marks, with mediocre scores from the 4 judges. Things are not looking so bright here... Benita got 25.5 marks, and she did rather cutesy poses. In spite of the less-than-impressive score, I thought her performance was a little better than last week's. Rachel Lim got the highest score of 30 marks, she had shown vast improvement in her delivery. I thought she was looking prettier too (matter of fact, she looked more mature than her actual age of 15). :-) Ridhwan, often being frowned upon due to his less-than-perfect Chinese, surprisngly showed improvement in his diction and got a rather impressive score of 27 marks, the second highest score among the four. Reminded me of Taufik somewhat... Me and most of the Felicia fans left the theater right after the performance show (a few of them left after a while)... heading to Radiogate to wait for you-know-who!! Most of the time, I was teasing Hui Shi over her shyness on giving Felicia some V-day gifts, and over her crush on her fave actor... some of the other fans played it cool by sitting on the roadside at the other end of Andrew Road. Nothing interested happened between 2100 to 2200 hrs... except 2145 hrs, when a very familiar-looking car drove out... IT'S RUI EN!!! Woo hoo, I seriously couldn't believe my luck. Although I chatted with Rui En for about 10 to 20 seconds (cos she was in a rush, you see), every second of it was indeed worthwhile. And yep, I obviously took pic with her as you can see... I realized that it's nearly one month since I last saw her face to face (not counting the blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment earlier this month) :-) And if you're a WWE fan like myself, you would have guessed correctly that I did the Shawn Michaels entrance motion right after Rui En left!!! (minus the pyrotechnics of course) That's right, I went down on my knees, raised my arms up high in the air and gave thanks to God!! :-p The 2 xiaomeimeis Jamie and Wendy joined us at around 2250 hrs, with news that Hui Shi got eliminated by the end of the night (which wasn't much of a surprise, but still sad nonetheless). But most surprising fact is when Rachel (the one with the highest score!!!) ended up at the Bottom 2 spot with Hui Shi!!! :-O Oh yes, between 2230 to 2300 hrs, I was surprised to bump into Samantha (whom I had not seen for nearly 2 years in person), she happened to be a calefare for "My School Daze" which starred Rui En. Quite a lot of young kids got out from the place around that time. She was waiting for her mum to fetch her... and indeed it happened right at the time when Fel finally adrove out (at around 11 pm). I gave the flowers to Fel (to wish her Happy Valentine's Day lah), she was speechless for a while, but I could tell that she was really touched. After Feli thanked me, I simply blushed!! :-p This is the bunch of flowers that I gave to Fel. I'm gonna buy another bunch for another girl I like... more on that later. In the next 10 minutes or so, we all took turns to take picture with Feli. We all left RG immediately after Feli drove off. I noticed that Feli seemed to have lost some weight... do take care of yourself, babe!!
I need not worry about taking taxi home, simply cos I managed to catch the last Bus 25 back home at around midnight! Hahaha... and yet I nearly couldn't make it back to the doorstep when the usual horny cat saw me and walked around my legs again (see pictures)... gave me goosebumps for a while. I can't imagine what might have happened if it followed me all the way to the elevator...

2 comments:

Jamie said...

why your blog no tagboard ... btw , WO BU XIAO (:

TaNaT DaMaN said...

Aiyah silly gal, cos I dont like flaming comments. You are xiao mei mei what, thats why I cant seem to stop pinching you, haha :-p