Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Farewell, MC King


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Adrian Pang, Tze Mian and Zhan Wei

Seeing the casket containing MC King's body being rolled into the incinerator (yesterday afternoon) in the following Youtube video (link provided) reminded me back at the time when my uncle passed away, nearly 3 years ago on 28th July 2005. Back then, my parents, my brother, the rest of my family and all of my uncle's closest friends (godchildren included) were feeling exactly the same way as the artistes and guests did in MC King's wake. Likewise when my grandma died of a stroke back in 1991 when I was only a young kid.

If I haf to be honest abt one thing, I actually wanted to attend his wake either on Saturday or Sunday to pay my last respects to MC King (NOT star-spotting), but couldnt find any free time to do so. I dedicate this verse from an Elton John song, "Candle In The Wind", to the late MC King... with a slight edit to the chorus.

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall here
Along Singapore's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend ever will

Link to videos:

No comments: