Saturday, January 05, 2008

Tragic passing of a local celeb

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to...
3rd Jan- Jim Ross and Valerie Soh
4th Jan- Wanran and Joan
5th Jan- Fengquan and Jun Hao

Somebody must be thinking of me, otherwise I wouldn't be sneezing non-stop... on Wednesday and Thursday that is. As for the nightmare I had on Thurs night, it may be some 'indication' to my past involvement with the church I once went to before 'defecting' to PLMC... or maybe not. Better not think too much about it.

Other than Zoe's Birthday bash at Bugis that Im obviously not interested in, there are no other interesting events for this week, sianz. And Im already suffering from 'Princess Withdrawal'... the last princess I saw was nearly 2 weeks ago. Thank goodness the many artistes I saw at Vivo City recently included a few hot babes (Mich Chong, Jade Seah, Shauna Simon, etc), otherwise I would be going 'emo' yet again. Haha yeah right, as if I am as sensitve as a certain Mr EY... -_-"

Yesterday when I started my shift, 3 friends made a super surprising appearance at the workplace at 4 plus... Peiling, Steph and Syaz (huh!! All Fire Stone beings I noticed). Peiling still looked the same ol' rock chic, Syaz is starting to look like Paul Twohill wif his hair growing longer, and Steph de zui chun yue lai yue xin gan (serious!!). Couldnt stop blushing the moment I saw Steph, at one point I even felt tempted to pinch her cheeks. At first I felt like dedicating a song to her, but that would have to wait another day... cos I just discovered 2 more pieces of news that either hit closer to home, or hit home STRAIGHT!!

1) The news that hit closer to home... ok, this news isn't really so shocking since the deceased is already past her prime. Princess Galyani Vadhana, older sister of Thailand's King Bhumibol (my personal fave, heh!), died on Wednesday at the age of 84. Hmmm same age as Mentor Minister Lee Kuan Yew. Princess Galyani had been hospitalised since June last yr, and suffered an infarction on the left side of her brain as a result of occlusion of a cerebral artery. Dunno what kind of cancer she got though. What I do know is that Her Royal Highness has gone up to a place where there won't be any suffering or pain... Rest in peace, Princess Galyani

2) The news that hit home straight...
Local actor-cum-comedian-cum-host Lan Qinxi aka MC King passed away??? It was my mum who told me the shocking news (which she heard from radio) the moment I got back home late last night... I knew she wouldnt be bluffing at all. Strange how come my eyebrows didnt twitch as much as the other time when Bhutto got slain. But really so shocking and unpredictable... last time I saw MC King was probably at the Star Awards itself (methinks). Some of his last few appearances on TV were as the Celestial Hound in "Happily Ever After", as one of Wenwei's (Miss Kindness!!) colleagues in "Honor and Passion", and as a gangster in "My Father My Daughter". To think he would suddenly get breathing difficulties and leave this world abruptly... at only 39 years old. I have already learnt never to take my friends or family for granted after the passing of my uncle 2 yrs ago. The demise of Jasmine Seah last yr further secured that vow.
Rest in peace, MC King... you will be greatly missed by many. May God bless your soul and watch over your loved ones :-(

No comments: