Friday, January 11, 2008

Going back to an old school

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Zoe Tay and Ann Kok

Im feeling a little uninspired now... this is certainly not a very good start for the year 2008.

In a few minutes, my class will be going for Open House at Temasek Poly. That was where I used to study. Yea, surprising isn't it? I could haf graduated wif a diploma in Mechatronics Engineering last year had I bucked up in my studies and not fooled around. It's already waaaay too late to regret anything... Im actually quite glad that I didnt continue studying in TP. Although I must admit, the food there definitely taste better than the food in the school I am currently studying in.

Don't get me wrong, I never mean to say that I detest poly life... it's just that poly life doesnt suit me. Esp since I didnt make many friends there (not even with the foreigners). Most of the time would be speant skipping lectures by going to the computer lab to type away. So much on independent study. With so many projects being loaded back in the 1st year of my shortlived time in poly 3 yrs ago, I would haf gone crazy due to overwork, and I wouldnt be blogging right now. Go ahead and call me 'nationalist', but Im quite against the fact that TP (or any poly for that matter) is letting in quite a lot of foreigners here (mostly in the engineering faculty).

And like I said many times, engineering was never my number 1 choice. Even in ITE Tampines, my GPA score for my 2 yrs there was less than outstanding. Sometimes I sit down and wonder what might happen if I had not been kicked out from poly? I probably wouldnt haf known most of the Mediacorp forumers if I were still mugging like mad in poly. I prob wouldnt even know most of the artistes, be it from Mediacorp, Singapore Idol or Live The Dream. It would be safe to say that I was destined never to go to poly. All I need to worry abt right now is what to do right after graduating from ITE... :-/

No comments: