Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yet another unexpected passing...

This is truly shocking... and it's not even one month after the tragic passing of MC King. The moment I logged into the Net in the computer lab this morning, I saw the headlines on MSN...


“HEATH LEDGER DEAD AT 28”

WHAT?!?! I didn't want to believe it at first... but then I quickly searched on his name in Wikipedia and checked on the Yahoo site. True enough, Heath Ledger had left the world, leaving behind an ex-fiance Michelle Williams and a 2-yr-old daughter whom he would never get to watch over.

Although Heath Ledger isnt among one of my top fave actors from Hollywood, I enjoyed watching some of his films. I first noticed him from "A Knight's Tale", and I absolutely loved his performance in "Brokeback Mountain".

It shocked me greatly to think that he would die at such a young age, at the peak of his acting career, and way before "The Dark Knight" can even debut in cinemas worldwide. His role as the infamous Batman villain known as The Joker would have propelled his career to greater heights... he had such a promising future, and now he's gone... his demise somehow reminds me of Brandon Lee (son of the famous kungfu master Bruce Lee), who would have made it big after his last role in "The Crow".


Rest in peace, Heath Ledger... you will be greatly missed. May God bless your soul :-(

No comments: