Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Getting ready to watch a funny play...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Christian Bale, Bryan Wong and JC Ramoluete

I don't wish to talk about what happened in school... as always, I'm greatly disappointed by how some people can be so dishonest and come up with lies on 'they really did certain school assignments', when the actual truth is, they go AWOL most of the time!! Class DMD 1V may have gone for class photo taking yesterday, but is there any true team spirit within the class? The answer is NO, and I don't need to give an explanation for my answer. Even I myself feel way too du lan to tell them what to do. I shan't say anymore.


Tonight I'm gonna watch a play at National Library... it's titled "Chesty Nutty Bang Bang: Harispray of the Phoenix". It's the 11th instalment of the Chestnuts series that has taken Singapore theater by storm!! It stars the 3 main Chestnuts: Jonathan Lim (director and creator of the Chestnuts series), Rodney Olivero and Judy Ngo... guest stars for this play are Joakim Gomez and Celine Rosa Tan and Yeo Yann Yann. The show contains lots of stuff...

  • Shameless movie spoofs - from 881 to Hairspray, from High School Musical 2 to Hostel, from Transformers to The Queen

  • Delicious digs at local theatre shows like The Swimming Instructor, Asian Boys Volume 3, SRT’s , If There Are Seasons, the 20th anniversary of Beauty World, and others!

  • Madcap parodies of TV favorites like Heroes, Asian Idol, The Search for the Next Doll, Deal or No Deal, 80s Rewind, The Arena, Foreplay and more!

  • Merciless Chestnuts spin-offs of concerts by Gwen Stefani, Olivia Newton-John, The Black-Eyed Peas, Suzanne Vega and more, as well as imported shows like the RSC’s King Lear, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The King & I and Finding Nemo On Ice!
For more info on the play, go here...
http://www.nowstagethis.com/events-chestnuts08-flyer.html

Hmmm, I decided to dedicate this song to Rui En, Felicia, Fiona and those who like Westlife. Ah heck, anyone in general! I just can't get enough of song dedication!! :-p


"CATCH MY BREATH" by Westlife

We were still in high school when I first met you
Even then you were the prettiest girl that I ever knew
And we carved our name on everything that we could find
The way that all kids do

And although time has passed I still get surprised
At the pulling in my chest when I know you're coming by
If this feeling's proving anything, it's not everything
Is gonna change with time, you're still mine

Chorus
Did you know when you're around
My heart won't, it can't slow down
It beats so hard, it makes it hard
To catch my breath, to catch my breath


Don't ever ask me if I'm sorry or that I'm here with you
Baby you can bet I don't regret the girls I never knew
Every day's another first, another change for me
To fall in love with you, and I do

Did you know when you're around
My heart won't, it can't slow down
It beats so hard, it makes it hard
To catch my breath, to catch my breath

Oh.. when you're with me I stop seeing
Any way to fail, how do I explain
I try to tell you what I'm feeling
But how do I, when all words pale

(Repeat twice)
Did you know when you're around
My heart won't, it can't slow down
It beats so hard, it makes it hard
To catch my breath, to catch my breath

To catch my breath, to catch my breath
To catch my breath, to catch my breath

No comments: