Friday, December 19, 2008

2nd Elvin birthday gathering attended

Happy Birthday to Yuan Shuanting

Whew, I thought I was gonna be late for the Elvin birthday gathering... although it started a little late, I nevertheless had a great time and made some new friends along the way.

After knocking off from work, I found a taxi located somewhere at Bras Basah region, and asked the uncle to drive me to Sembawang Park. As fast as the cab could go, I was horrified to learn that the taxi fare cost a BOMB!! Thank goodness I got NETS card, otherwise I sure get scolding by the uncle. I spent the next 10 minutes or so walking to the restaurant (bigger than anticipated) located at the end of the park near the jetty, and I realized that I was actually one of a few fans who had reached the place a little earlier than the rest. Less than 5 minutes after my arrival, the main committee and some other fans arrived. By 8 pm, the place was packed with about nearly 50 fans (mostly girls), much more than the attendance for the past gathering at Yishun SAFRA last year. For the next 1 hour or so, we had a good time chatting with newer fans, and had dinner there as well. About 60% of the overall attendance were new fans, among them were 4 pairs of sisters (one of the batches comprised of twins!!). Source wasn't really considered a new fan since a few of us knew him beforehand. Oh, and I introduced Fiona to Source, informing her abt him being a fan of Fiona Xie as well as Jesseca Liu. The fans were split into 5 groups of 8 or 9 (E,L,V,I, N). I was in the L group... comprising of myself, Alyce, her daughter Meiqi, Kelly, Meryl, Melody, Pearlyn and a new fan named Lisa (pretty gal whom I saw at Big Splash, I thought she looked a lot like Jessica Tan).

Elvin arrived at abt 9.15 pm, slightly later than antipicated, but that was because he was down with fever, and has still yet to recover. He came mostly cos he didn't want to disappoint any of us who came all the way to attend the party (we kinda felt bad for him). We played a simple game of trivia on certain topics linked to Elvin... our L group won with the highest score, haha!! After that came the birthday songs and blowing of candles (on a chocolate cake shaped like a soccer ball). After that, we took group photos with Elvin, followed by individual pics. I didn't take many pics, but that's ok, for I had already taken pics of Elvin at Big Splash a few weeks ago. Party ended at 11 pm and we were dismissed from the restaurant that was about to close, we then went our separate routes. I reached home just a few mins before 12 midnight. Pray for Elvin to recover quickly...

Man, I still can't think of what to do tomorrow... perhaps I should go to China Square Central? As far as I know, I'm gonna see Fiona Xie at No. 5 Emerald Hill Road tonight... wish me luck ;-)

No comments: