Sunday, December 28, 2008

Day of madness at Compass Point!! (caution: long entry!!)

Happy Birthday to Justin Roberts and Summer


It was truly a day of chaos, confusion and pure madness at Compass Point yesterday... who would have expected the response to be overwhelming beyond words!! :-O
Firstly I took a bus to the place at 11 plus... when i got there, I saw a rather long queue, back then I had no idea that the 100 fans had already been determined (and the first few had been there as early as 8 am!!). Still I went to the basement to have quick lunch, then headed to the right side of the stage, hopefully to get a good view... saw Melvin, Paul, Hoetian, Liqing, Peiling and Hui Si among the 100 fans (within the barricaded sector).


Wait a minute, I noticed a very familiar person among the 100 fans... oh xuete, it's Alvin The Hutt!! I won't be surprised if he's gonna scream non-stop like what he's been doing for a long time...

Funny thing was, when I showed Alvin the thumbs down here, he showed me the thumbs up in return... could be he actually 'agrees' with me on my opinion about him for once (i.e. he really sucks!!). But still I must admit it was lucky for him to get poster, so no use getting jealous of him anyway... hope he doesnt grope or caress any of the cast members later (like what he did at Ngee Ann City a few mths ago!!).


Here, Alvin seems to enjoy being the center of attention. Sounds a lot like a certain someone...!!


This was the crowd at the time I reached the ground level at abt 1 pm...


This was the overall response after 1430 hrs!!! Superbly crammed til cannot breathe at all man!! The kids aged below 12 perhaps had the most difficult time squeezing through the crowd. Due to the overwhelming response, the escalators had to be stopped for the next one hour or so for the people to stay put and watch the event. According to the Channel 5 and 8 news, the total number of people present for the event from ground floor to 4th level totalled to about 5000!!! Wah piang eh... even the last Singapore Idol season 2 roadshow at Causeway Point and the Hype Up roadshow at Jurong Point didn't contain that many people lor!!! @_@


Even the host Ben Yeo was taken aback by the great response. He joked that the amazing turnout made them all felt like ‘superstars’. Without further ado, he brought in the first batch of cast members...


The bad characters!! Pan Lingling as Xiufeng, Cynthai Koh as Xiujuan, Darren Lim as Huang Jincheng, Eelyn Kok as Huang Zhenzhu, Andie Chen as Huang Tianbao, and Zzen Zhang as Robert Zhang. There were sounds of mock booing from mostly the Jeanius fans and the Dai Yang Tian fanclub.

Next batch drew more cheers obviously... it's the good characters!! Jeanette as Huang Juxiang/Shanben Yueniang, Qi Yuwu as Chen Xi, Joanne as Huang Yuzhu, Dai Yang Tian as Shanben Yangjian, Ng Hui as Ah Tao and Li Yinzhu as Chen Lao Tai.


All 12 of them and Ben gathered together to celebrate Yang Tian's birthday (he turned 24), and then they turned around to be featured in a commercial for the roadshow turnout.

As the cast headed to the back for a rest, Ben brought forward the talented and beautiful Olivia Ong, who sang the theme song of "The Little Nyonya". Majority of them took out their mobile phones or videocams to record Olivia singing "Ru Yan". Olivia really very chio, more beautiful than the time I saw her performing by the Singapore River some 4 years ago... I thought she looked a bit like Gayle Nerva :-)


Then came the autograph session... the cast got seated first. Then as the first few lucky fans got on stage to have their posters autographed, some of us fans decided to take taxi to Radiogate... we later found out that some of the tiles actually cracked soon after we (the Jolliteers) had left!! Also, one unfortunate soul vomitted somwehere (eeeewww) at the right side of tha place, quite far where me and a few others were standing. Lucky the person didn't throw up in the middle, otherwise the situation confirm will be much more chaotic than it already was...

Funny thing was, myself and 2 more Jollity fans reached RG a little earlier than Rina, Vince, Joey and Delphine (who came by Rina's car of course)... there at RG I could already see Hoetian and gang as well as some of the fans who were among the 100. And guess who came soon after... Cheryn and that jackass... the very one who likes to step on my own head many times and 'wants to live his life the way he wants it to be'. :-S Lucky he didn't go for the event, otherwise I will sure bash him up on the spot. Although I did show him the crotch chop and middle fingers, I chose not to confront him at all, knowing too well that he's got family problems recently (it is for that reason that I made sure I don't include him in any of my pics). Plus, he looks damn gay in white cap, blue Superman shirt and green pants (Christopher Reeve would be rolling in his grave if he were to know abt this)!! I think MKP puposely wear like that just to show off his 'sexy legs'!! Who on earth does he think he is? Eminem/John Cena/Superman??? POOI EH!!! :-@

Anyway at 5 pm, the bus returned to RG, and the cast got off. Cynthia was first to show up... she didnt seem very friendly to me, although she did autograph certain articles from other fans. Not exactly my cup of tea if you ask me...


Yuwu came out to take photo with some fans (not all) and autograph some articles... he had to head back into the studiop for more stuff. I did get an autograph from him though. I personally prefer him without the woolen cap...


Joanne came out at around this time, but so did Jeanette. Knowing that Jo wouldnt be leaving so soon, I opted to go find "Huan Wo Ji Tang" first (she had to rush off to somewhere else)... I got her autograph, took pic with her and gave her a toy tiger as Christmas present (my means of showing my appreciation for her hard work). Great success!! :-)


Right after "Yueniang" left, me and a few other fans headed to Joanne... I got waekened a little when she put her hands on her shoulder again, but I held on to her waist to prevent myself from falling (no, I don't have any funny ideas at all, the pavement was rather uneven).


"Robert Zhang" came out soon after... he is the very guy who raped Yuzhu in the show. I had to admit that Zzen (the name of the real actor) makes a very good villain, even though I "hate" him and a few other characters to the core.

We saw Andie and Eelyn walking to the direction of the reception... not sure if they exited from there. Later I found out that Eelyn had left with Darren via his van... :-(


Joanne left at abt 1750 hrs, but not before posing with Piglet :-)


At abt 6 pm, a familiar face came forth... it's Fiona!! Surprised to see her yet again after me and Source had seen her at Suntec for the Carlsberg event just the day before... haha, pure luck once more! :-D Actually she was gonna attend Channel 5 countdown meeting (which she would be part of)... but it was kinda strange of her to park her car opposite RG instead of inside.

Between 6 to 6.50 pm: MKP left Radiogate at around this time, but not before opening up his super-large umbrella and showing it off to everyone else. See if he dares use it when he gets enlisted to NS!! That's when he will eventually know the true meaning of siong!! During this time, I was either chatting with Source or teasing Hui Si and Peiling with pictures of cats from my digicam...


At abt 1855 hrs, another familiar looking girl came out... IT'S YA HUI??? We were shocked (and a little sad) to see her with short hair, though she still looked as sweet and pretty as before... she took taxi home I think.

At abt 1905 hrs, Jade Seah arrived, she got to autograph on the 8 days calendars, and then rushed inside for Ch 5 countdown meeting which she was late for. I forgot to take solo pic of her, but I can tell you that she looked really hawt in dark blue top and black skirt.

At 1915 hrs, Huang Wenyong came out... he was heading to the reception area to return wardrobe.

Me and Source decided to leave the place soon after Wenyong left, but not before I teased Hui Si one more time. Both of us went to Toa Payoh for dinner, then went our separate ways. I was close to turning into Venom on the way home due to a few leggy babes aboard the same bus...
Overall it was truly a crazy, sweaty but worthwhile day at Compass Point... good thing I chose not to go for the Ch 8 countdown party at VivoCity this Wed... I can't afford to go through this kind of overwhelming and sticky situation again. Moreover, I have a New Year's lunch outing to attend on Thursday...

3 comments:

Anti-hero said...

Okay, now I believe that Compass Point has 5000 fans turning up for that event. I think it's more overwhelming than Sing Idol roadshows....

TaNaT DaMaN said...

You're absolutely right there. The other time there was the very last Singapore Idol roadshow feat Jon and Hady at Causeway Point just the day before the finals, every floor was filled with people, but still got some space to walk. Even at Jurong Point for Hype Up roadshow, there's still space to move around, abut thats only bcos Boon Lay is way too far for those living at North or East region. Even the JJ Lin and Rui En events at Suntec Convention for Bookfest last mth weren't totally crammed, but thats only bcos the region is rather huge. It is partly due to this event at Compass Point that I had decided not to go for the countdown at VivoCity on Wed...

Anti-hero said...

I see...And about the person who vomitted on the right side, it seemed to be very unlikely. I think it's the congestion which made the person to throw up.