Thursday, December 18, 2008

Not sure if I can make it on time or not...


Happy Birthday to Vivian Lai

If there's one thing I wanna slap myself for right now, it's for not applying for leave in advance. It's a lot worse that I may not be able to take half-day leave due to my status as a part-timer. I have to be at a certain place in Sembawang by 7 pm today, to celebrate a certain shuai ge's birthday. And I knock off from work at 6 pm. Sigh, if only I were to owe a fast-moving vehicle like the Batpod (as seen in "The Dark Knight"), so I won't need to worry abt being stuck in a traffic jam (and then use it to drive back home at Kovan, haha). Even better if I had the ability to teleport great distances (like David Rice from "Jumper" or Hiro from "Heroes") from East Coast to North Caost in a split second, that wouldn't be a problem either. Or maybe fly at supersonic speed in Iron Man Mark III armor, hehe. But I'm just a mere ordinary person, I have to resort to taking a cab there, that's the only alternative I have. I am already prepared to waste a few bucks on taxi fare.

Pray for me that things don't go awry during the journey and after that... time is running out. It's already bad enough that the gathering could only be held on this day rather than on a weekend.

No comments: