Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let go and let God, forgive and forget

I just received an SMS from a fellow Christian in regards to an earlier entry on you-know-who... for a girl a little younger than most of the friends I know, I gotta admit she's rather strong in her faith, much stronger than myself if I have to admit.

"If the Lord Jesus Christ can forgive those people who tortured and killed Him, why can't you just take a little step at a time to forgive those who sin against you?" Problem is, that person is under the control of the Devil, and is corrupting himself everyday with his nonsensical entries. And I tried to play the 'hero' most of the time by condemning him mercilessly, at the expense of putting myself at greater risk of spiritual danger. It's not that I don't want to forgive, I just find it very hard to forgive people who are beyond redemption... I used to feel the same way to those who had hurt me during secondary school or my time in NS. And that can make me of two minds to certain things... like a certain vigilante who thinks he can make things "fair" by dishing out his own methods of judgment.

Which is why of the 9 'good fruits' mentioned in the Bible, I admit that some of the 'fruits' I lack greatly are patience and self-control. About time I should improvise on the qualities I lack and set a good example as God's child... to be more tolerant and compassionate even to those I despise.

I know it's pointless to erase all those previous ungodly posts directed at abominations like MKP, the 2 weirdos and Alvin... but all too often, I find it rather hard to resist it. Other than remain true to myself, I should also try to focus on the future and ignore the bad stuff of the past... look forward, not backward.

To the girl who sent me the SMS on forgiveness, I want to thank you very much for re-awakening me. Truth be told, I long to pinch you again for obvious reasons, but you wouldn't let me. But I guess you're right... I should learn to forgive those who trespass against me, no matter how despicable and incorrigible they may be. (hugs)

For now, I am contemplating whether to go for the Channel 8 countdown party at VivoCity, or attend Watchnight service instead... I need to spend more time to meditate on this.

P.S. while I admit that I can be quite stubborn at times, I wanna make it clear that I am not the "traffic-minded" type, and never will be. If any of you still think otherwise, then I really have nothing to say.

No comments: