Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cancelled stuff on Sunday, but its ok

Happy Birthday to Janice and Ruby

Me n family went for Sunday service in the morning... talking about the significance of the name Jesus, as stated in the Book of Matthew. After that, I went to Changi Airport with Mother and Bro, where we had our lunch. Purpose of going there was for Bro to cancel his ticket to Thailand and get a refund (I heard it was not an easy procedure).

After finishing lunch, I took MRT to Jurong East, ogling at random babes for the next 40 minutes or so. Reached Jurong IMM at abt 1.45 pm, watched a bit of movie at the DVD stores, before going down to level to meet Rina, Joey, Delphine and 2 more Jolliteers (paiseh, forgot their names). There was supposed to have a filming session at Giant supermart for some variety show, but problem was, we didn't see any crewmembers around, and the supermart was still bustling with lotsa people!! At 3 plus, we headed to parking region to meet with Joanne (looking gorgeous in dark blue dress), and it was there that she told us that the scheduled filming at Giant supermart had been cancelled for unknown reasons, mostly due to lack of communication. Although it was sort of a 'wasted trip', we nevertheless chatted with her for a good half an hour, took pics with her and then saw her off as she drove out of the place.

Soon after that, we parted ways... I took a long journey to Bishan, then took another bus back to home region (ogling at more mei nus along the way), where I joined Mother for dinner. Superman Returns was being shown on Channel 5, but I gave it a miss cos I already got the DVD. It's a big pity that there won't be a sequel to this Bryan Singer-directed-cum-written film due to disappointing box ofice sales... a reboot is in pre-production as of now.

Sigh, more news on politics... former Taiwanese president Chen Shui-bian and his family kena jailed for corruption. Looks like I've got plenty to write about in the upcoming entry on the overview for this year... :-/

It's so sad... some of my friends had lost a loved one in reent weeks. Firstly Miss Chong's dad was called Home to the Lord early this year, Miss JT lost her dad to cancer sometime last month, then was Miss N-Chen and Miss C-Chen's grandma, and yesterday Miss GL's uncle just passed on. These passing are too much of a coincidence I feel. Nevertheless, i expressed my heartfelt condolences to the aforementioned ladies via Facebook. The last time I lost someone dearest to me was my uncle (mum's older brother) 3 years ago... yet it seemed like a memory so distant. Worst part was that I never got to say goodbye to him as I was still in school back then. But not as tragic as the fact that my grandfathers from both sides of my family left this world way before me and my brother were even born... :-(

No comments: