Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Be Savvy With Your $ seminar

Happy Birthday to Usher, Stacy Keibler and Edmund Twohill

My sincere apologies that this entry took rather long to be published... I had been overwhelmed with so much joy in regards to ytd's gathering, I simply lost some 'motivation' to type out my thoughts on the seminar; basicaly I had used up most of my energy during the gathering (in a good way that is). And as always, I have to choose the best pics to upload for this entry. But anyway, here goes...


Last Saturday, I left the house rather early to have lunch at Raffles City, then I went up to register for the seminar. I never thought I was among the first few in the queue... and I wasnt too pleased that the seminar would start at 2 pm (thank goodness I had eaten lunch prior to registering). Still, I was amazed by how huge the Stamford Ballroom was... and there were still some empty seats in the place. Everyone got a goody bag with a laptop cover, 2 notebooks, a folder containing print-outs for the seminar and a mousepad-cum-calculator.


The hosts for the event were Gurmit and Michelle Chong. Hey, it's the one-time reunion of Roy Terse and Adrianna Wow!! :-D


First part was the welcoming address by Mr Heng Swee Keat, Managing Director of Monetary Authority Singapore (MAS). Next was the Opening message by Mr Lim Swee Say, Secretary-General of NTUC. 4 personnel went forth to turn on the 'gigantic cellphone' and activate the Internet function to mark the offical start of the seminar.


Followed by a talk on "Being Savvy with Finances" by Mr Shannon Wong, Moneysense Speaker, CFP Certified Planner, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), FCCA.



Refreshment time from 3.15 to 4 pm... machiam long queue!! I only ate a bit, having eaten proper lunch prior to registartion. I was surprised to see Khai (assistant director of "Calefare") there... and even more surprised to see him with short hair!! I have to admit that it was kinda easy to recognize him, given his lanky frame and sexy lips... :-p



Next topic was on "Being Savvy with CPF Savings" by Ms Fiona Chan, Deputy Director (Membership Education Department) of the CPF Board.


Forum talk involving Mr Shannon Wong, Miss Fiona Chan, Mdm Halimah, 2 more guys whose names I forgot, Edmund Chen and Huang Biren. I totally forgot what they were saying, simply cos I was busy snapping pics away. But I do remember a bit on Gurms, Edmund and Biren relating on how they saved their money during the times prior to joining showbiz.


After the event ended at 5.25 pm, the fans went forward to get autographs from Edmund and Biren, as well as take picture with them.

Upon leaving the Swissotel region, I went to buy takeaways for Tris and myself, headed back home and had a well-deserved rest. I ended the night by watching some Iron Man extras. :-)

No comments: