Thursday, October 09, 2008

My thoughts on President's Star Charity and New paper New Face 2008

Happy Birthday to Nicky Bryne (Westlife) and Kendric Tan


Due to the F1 SingTel Grand Prix and other factors (namely the cancellation of future Ren Ci shows), this year's President Star Charity had been pushed to early October, and got less publicity as a result, compared to the last 2 year's PSC shows. And if there's one thing I'm not very happy about, it's gotta be the poster layout as seen in this week's copy of 8 days...

The biggest travesty has gotta be Jon Leong's image positioning in the ensemble... he is located at the very back row (behind 'Broadway Beng' Sebastian Tan's), and his face is barely visible under the poor contrast!! I felt that Jon's image (as well as Olinda's) should be placed within the same row as Taufik, Hady, Ping Hui, Fiona and Daren!! Jon and Oli are also rising stars, therefore they deserve much better positioning!! And poor Fathul of By Definition, his face is barely visible in the poster since it is located very near to the centrefold of the magazine.

I also feel that the poster design committee oughta be sued, cos the background color is totally salah for a supposedly jovial event like PSC!! With the background color being black in color, it only makes the poster look weirder, with the darkness mixing with the artistes' black hairdo... and that makes the heads of artistes like Jon, Hady, Fiona and Daren look even weirder!! What happened to the design team's sense of color theory and variety???

And to a lesser degree, I seriously think that Kym Ng's face should be placed BEHIND... not at the front most portion of the poster. matter of fact, I think she should switch places with Jon!! I feel she rather over-rated... and OLD. I heard she might already be in her 40s?

Tomorrow I will be going to Takashimaya Square/Ngee Ann City to watch the New Paper New Face 2008 finals, even though most of the girls totally cannot make it. I ain't even gonna place my bets on who's gonna win... I'm going there only to kill time and try my luck on spotting celebs...

OH WAIT!! I read from today's New Paper that there is indeed a celeb going there... 'JINGYI'!!! :-D

No comments: