Saturday, October 04, 2008

Non-happening weekend again...

Happy Birthday to...
3rd Oct (ytd)- John Morrison, Claire (Platinum), Jeszlene Zhou
4th Oct (tdy)- Mike Adamle

Yesterday during work, I had been mugging on a rather tough assignment, one which requires me to Google for over 1000 companies and locate the email addresses for some of them. Talk about tough searches... I obviously ain't gonna take up too much time on that during the weekends. I'm still contemplating where to go later... esp since there aren't any roadshows for the week (other than those at Suntec). And given the recent economy crash and other crises, it's no surprise that this year's President Star Charity show got very low publicity... and fewer stars involved as well.

On to Current Affairs... I feel a little disturbed over the suicide of a Korean actress named Choi Jin Shil, who had been suffering from depression following a bitter divorce from an abusive husband some 6 yrs ago. I felt even more disturbed over the suicide pact of a 15-yr old girl named Mernel Koh and her 22-yr-old 'godfather' Eddy Afendi, a close friend of her older brother. Wait a minute!! 7 years difference only, and the gal calls Eddy her 'godfather'?? So strange indeed. Cause of death is due to glue sniffing (harmful to the brain), both of them jumped off nine storeys of a block in Bukit Batok. What do we learn from here? Stay away from drugs, and cherish your own lives as you cherish everyone around you. And never take your own life for granted either.

Hmmm speaking about going under the influence of drugs, I suspect that a certain someone may have been sniffing glue or taking sedatives, hence his deteriorating mentality and IQ in recent weeks (muahaha). I don't take drugs btw, and no matter how others try to tempt me, I will never smoke.

I'm still pondering on which movie to watch first... "Painted Skin", "Connected" or "House Bunny"?

No comments: