Saturday, October 11, 2008

New Paper New Face 2008 finals

Happy Birthday to Tony Chimel, Tazz, Ishardi and Yanyan

I seriously couldn't sleep well last night, mostly cos I got to chat with Dawn Yeoh (without the worry of getting tongue-tied) after the New Paper New Face 2008 finals at Ngee Ann City. This time round, there were no Singapore Idol alumnus anywhere, but there were plenty of New Face alumnus (mostly from 2000-2007 era), Dawn included.


And the host for the night was... Chua Enlai?? Better known as Jacques Ooi or BB See. I forgot the names of the 2 female hosts, but I know that they are New Face alumnus. I prefer last year's host, Andrea Fonseka.


Oh, and Addy Lee was present too, as one of the judges. Same goes for model Sheila Sim, who's wearing a sexy bareback halter-top. I guess she's bringing SexyBack... :-p

Firstly I met up with Naomi outside Orchard Cineleisure and we had dinner at KFC. Then we headed to NAC, where we met up with Shanwei and Eric. I couldn't find Hoetian and his clique anywhere; later I found out that they had left halfway. Ahhh what a waste!! :-/



Basically anyone is allowed to enter the central region after 8 pm and stand/sit anywhere to watch the fashion parade. I immediately headed to the left side of the stage and got a good view of Dawn!! :-)


Ok, I think I better take back what i said... some of the gals actually look a lot better in person than in the dractic photo shoot. In fact, some of them wore super short pants or skirts, and I was on the verge of gorging my eyes out. Thank goodness I didn't purchase Spicy Drumlets, cos those babes were already sizzlin' hot!!! And I could've turned into Venom anytime... I could only stare in amazement and exclaim, 'Sexytime!!" :-p


And err, there was a band performance by West Grand Boulevard... performing 5 songs. I was glad I brought earplugs along, cos the drumming and electric guitar strumming were just too darn loud. I was never a big fan of heavy metal rock anyway... the lead singer must have been feeling too high, I feel. Swinging his head and flinging his Zach Efron-like hairdo like Paul Twohill or something.


Result time at 8.50 pm! Geraldine Chua, the only finalist I'm most familiar with (bcos she was a Singapore Idol season 2 semi-finalist) won Miss Versatile as well as a spot among the Top 5 girls to do a catwalk with some US model on Sunday; she also won 2nd runner-up. Sarah Chan, whose face totally CMI, won Miss Vivacious. The winner for Miss Elegant won 1st runner-up, her name is Stephanie Fu I think. And the winner is... contestant number 5, Shahirah Price. This gal quite chioh lah, can make it.


Right after the event ended, me and the others went straight to chit-chat with Dawn. And yep, we took pics with her! I then went to the backstage region to personally congratulate Geraldine for her win among Top 3 for New Face 2008, and after abt 2130 hrs, the four of us went back home... :-)

Ok, I better get ready to go for the "Be $avvy With Your $" seminar at the Swissotel... updates to come at another time, not necessarily tonight.

No comments: