Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Random stuff once more

Happy Birthday to Mike "The Miz" Mizanin and Sherlyn

I seriously can't think of much to talk about, given my busy schedule at work. In spite of the assignment I had been taking rather long to finish, I still find time to check my Facebook account as well as update my blog. And indeed I do find time to express my thoughts on certain issues whenever I can...

Singapore’s Agri—Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) is more than halfway done with testing food samples for traces of the industrial plastic, melamine. Of the more than 2,200 samples, 1,450 have been tested. Moving forward, the AVA said it would expand its test on animal feed and pet food. Some pet owners may not be aware of this, but pet food such as doggie treats contain milk and some ingredients used are from China. While industry estimates put the proportion of China-made pet food at about 5 per cent of total market share, retailers whom Channel NewsAsia spoke with are not taking any chances. Even though the AVA has not issued any advisories on pet food, one company has stopped the import of a doggie treat that is manufactured with China-made milk. It estimates a five—figure sum loss but said it would rather play it safe.


Felix (the noisy one with scar on shoulder): Wah kau, even doggy food kena affected! Although I'm a cat, I do understand the situation for the dogs. Now I better look for my brother and ask him about the upcoming charity show...


Visuel (white cat blind in left eye): Have you heard about the aftermath of the milk scandal? Even though the nightmare is over, the food products still have to be tested for traces of melamine.
Francis (the quiet, slightly chubbier one): Yah lor, so suay hor? First the earthquakes, then the milk crisis, and what next? China sure got a rather bad year... never mind if there's the Beijing Olympics.


The DHL hot air balloon located at Bugis region had ended its 2-year run, sigh. Mostly because the crew couldnt find a new location, and also due to poor sales.


Cat from Bugis: Damn!! Just when I was planning to use my savings to take my family onto the balloon, it kena closed down. Oh well never mind, at least there's still the Singapore Flyer to look forward to... safer and cooler! :-)

Oh yes, for those who watched "Calefare" last night, you may have noticed me among the calefare at Sentosa. I was indeed one of the guys who charged towards Gurmit towards the end of the show at Siloso Beach and "jumped on top of him". Basically, the guys only jumped on top of each other. The scenes of the main cast and the calefare were actually filmed separately (by one-camera concept), and the whole scene was done in less than 2 hours. I admit my acting isn't very good, but when it comes to expressing anger, I imagined Gurms' character to be someone I despise, and when me and the other guys ran, it was between the Spartans and the Persians charging for battle, or a Battle Royale among wrestlers from Raw and Smackdown. Nothing to boast about really, but for those who SMSed me on my appearance in the show, I thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart. :-)

Do watch out for Episode 12 of "Calefare" in 3 weeks time, I will be featured more prominently. And it's gonna be a very funny one!! ;-p

No comments: