Sunday, October 12, 2008

Felicity gathering!!

Happy Birthday to Ashrudin, Aziz and Audrey

I was one of over 20 fans who went for the Felicity membership drive-cum-advanced birthday gathering earlier today, and it was truly a memorable one!! I express my heartfelt thanks to the Felicity team and to the staff of SettlersCafe for making this gathering possible admist Fel's hectic schedule. I was actually relieved to have given up my PSC ticket earlier on, just so I could enjoy this gathering wholeheartedly. I personally wouldnt like to rush off to MDC halfway through, esp since nobody was allowed to leave the place...

Firstly to start off, I went for church service with Mother and Tris. After service ended, we went to Funan Center for early lunch... and then went to look around some mulitmedia stores. It was there that I discovered that the Incredible Hulk VCDs are out already!! The DVDs were nowhere to be seen though... perhaps they will come out within the next few days.


Having nowhere else to go, I decided to go to Central first... walk around, take some photos, sit down at bus stop, listen to music and wait for friends outside Clarke Quay MRT station. Us fans were allowed entry into the 2nd level of the cafe at approx 1435 hrs, and once inside, we were split into 3 teams and we started playing various games. For Team 3 (the one I'm allocated in), we played Jurassic Jumble, a game involving dinosaurs and colors. Ahhh yessss, I like dinosaurs... esp the T-Rex. :-)

Fel arrived a little late at abt 1515 hrs, she apologised for coming late, but we all took it well. She explained that she went to Central for a while to buy some stuff. We then played some charades-type of game for abt one hour or so; photography was prohibited during this time. We all enjoyed ourselves... although I didn't get tongue-tied, I got goosebumps and my legs went jelly for a while cos Fel sat next to me for a few minutes at one point during game time!! :-O No wonder I found it rather hard to get up after that. I did tell Fel that I had been to the place before...


Later at 1645 hrs, after game session had ended, we were allowed to take out our cameras and start taking pictures already... we sang a birthday song for Fel, and then we gathered for group photos (fyi her actual birthday is on 24th Oct). There was enough time for each one of us to present our gifts plus mini-projects to Felicia, take picture with her, and then get her autographs on various photos or magazines. I bought for Fel something small and simple (no point buying her another soft toy since I already did so in May), and I soon realized that I had gained some 'extent of contol' over my weakness with pretty gals!! But I still felt a little shy when it was my turn to chat with Fel... at least my legs didnt go wobbly like before, heh! :-p


There was a slight overrun of 30 minutes, but nevertheless everyone was cooperative at best. Team 2 had to do a penalty because they got the lowest points. At 6 pm, Fel had to leave the place quickly and hitch a ride to MediaCorp studios for filming for "Love Blossoms 2" (prior, to that, she was filming "The Little Nyonya"). Abt 5 minutes later, we all left the place and went our separate routes.

These photos were taken by myself btw... if you wanna see more pics, please go to the Felicity Forum at www.chenjingxuan.net/forum... provided you are a member of the forum in first place.
For dinner, I went to good ol' VivoCity to have my dinner at Superdog, then went to various CD stores to look for Hulk DVDs, to no avail. I did see a lot of leggy babes within the place though. After which, I went back home to watch President Star Charity... and I was right about the show: it was rather dull compared to last year's ensemble. Only President Nathan's stint did some justice... one of 100% pure sincerity, humility and appreciation, and 0% of over-rated standard or stuntmanship (sorry, Venerable Shi).

Once again, many many thanks to the Felicity team for making this gathering a truly memorable one for everyone of us... and many thanks to you too, Felicia... for being you :-)

And one more thing I wanna tell a few people... for the last time, my name is pronounced as TAH-NUT, NOT TAH-NETT!!! Have you heard of the Bayern Munich player Michael Tarnat??? You be glad I'm not the angry, erratic type like Bruce Banner... please don't ever mistake the pronunciation for the last syllable of my name as Nat. It's driving me to my wits' end already!!! At least none of you called me by my middle name, which I despise.

So remember... IT'S TAH-NUTT, NOT TAH-NET OR TEN-NET OR TEN-NUT!!!

No comments: